PDA

View Full Version : Virgin -the long commute from MAN????

Miss World
2nd Jun 2005, 00:14
Hi Guys..

I'm currently working for an airline based at Manchester. Im thinking of applying to Virgin, I know virgin don't recruit direct for man base but does anyone actually still live up north and do the commute? I'd love to fly for them but its not an option to relocate..

Also whats the waiting time for a transfer to Man? and is there no chance of a recruitment for man with any new flights etc

Thanks

Miss W xx

PPRuNe Dispatcher
2nd Jun 2005, 08:32
Our glorious leader ;) Captain PPRuNe (now a VS 747 FO) still lives in the North West and commutes to Gatwick or Heathrow when he needs to.

It takes between 2h10m and about 3 hours to go between Manchester and Watford on a Virgin train.

Mik

spunkydunkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:33
go for it! it can be tiring sometimes, but so many crew at virgin commute. i live in brighton and most days it takes me at least 2 hours to get to heathrow . commuting tickets cost £46 return but u cant get them until you have finished your probation. I know a few people who have got manchester within 6months! but promotion is alot slower up there and only route at the moment is man/mco! good luck!!!