PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet from Gatwick to Palma

SpeedBird22
1st Jun 2005, 22:56
Hello

Apologies for posting a very dull question but I think you are the guys who would know.

I'm flying easy from Gatwick to Palma in a couple of weeks and was wondering whether I'd get to have a go in one of the lovely shiny new A319's.

Does anyone know if they are regularly used on the EGKK - LEPA route or is it just pot luck?

Ta

Birdseed22:)

WHBM
1st Jun 2005, 23:11
All Easy's flights based at Gatwick, including the twice-daily service to Palma, have cut over to the A319.

fox_trot_oscar
2nd Jun 2005, 23:41
16 x A319s now based at Gatwick for Easyjet - plus one spare as well. It's now their biggest base....how quickly has that happened?!

FO

captainbritboy
3rd Jun 2005, 12:53
Yes Speedbird22, you will be flying to PMI on an Airbus A319. There is a 75% chance that you will be aboard one which is less than eighteen months old, so wipe your boots before you come onboard!

As for 'having a go', I hope you are not expecting the Captain to allow you to take the controls to practise your turns and climbs, that sort of thing is a definate no-no!

EZY checks in at South Terminal, usually in Zone C, which is opposite Virgin Atlantic. Servisair are their ground handlers, and generally (if the agents are doing their jobs properly) the flight is boarded by sequence number, ie; pax are boarded by the order in which they checked in. So if you want to get a seat on the emergency exit with loads of legroom... get there early. Also for your information; if there is a huge queue for your flight, try going to an empty EZY check-in desk. The agent will probably be bored and will be glad to check you in provided you are humble, and she/he is not having a bad day!

In answer to the other comment... Easyjet began at LGW in 1999 with two flights a day to Geneva.

Happy landings:ok: