PDA

View Full Version : RAF News

Climebear
1st Jun 2005, 15:05
RAF New wins prize (http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/news_0506_01.html )

So even if you think its cr*p it is still not as cr*p as the rest - That's alright then!

Bo Nalls
1st Jun 2005, 16:59
Shame they can't keep their website updated though. Clicking on the Current Stories (http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/news.html) link gives 26 Aug 2004 as the latest news!!!

Climebear
1st Jun 2005, 17:31
Mended now Ed - thanks

Talking Radalt
1st Jun 2005, 22:53
The judges said: "RAF News is a perfect example of how to create an action-packed tabloid newspaper."

Are they mad?! Abi Titmuss is a perfect example of how to create an action-packed tabloid newspaper. :E

Soiled Glove
2nd Jun 2005, 11:18
Was on OCC many years ago and got a presentation from the RAF News team about the 'wonderful' production that it was. The presenter asked for any ideas on how to improve the 'newspaper' to which some wag from the rear shouted 'have a Readers Wives' section!

Waste of a rain forest that publication - unless you want to read about ATC cadets and the globetrotting jollies of various clubs from Brize and Lyneham.

SG

Gainesy
2nd Jun 2005, 14:29
at a glittering ceremony in Manchester

Laughed so hard me knees are wet!:)

LOTA
3rd Jun 2005, 15:27
Bo Nalls, just as a matter of accuracy, the website news page you are referring/linked to in your posting is the official RAF site (www.raf.mod.uk).

The RAF News website is at www.rafnews.co.uk - different sites done by different people in different departments. Lots of similar stuff on them though!

Bo Nalls
3rd Jun 2005, 15:49
LOTA, I stand (or indeed am currently sitting:O ) corrected. You are indeed quite correct. I retract my comment against the RAF News and direct it instead at official RAF site webmaster - not a good show at all.

SmilingKnifed
3rd Jun 2005, 16:42
Is it still the same webmaster? The guy I knew doing it was top drawer.

TEEEJ
4th Jun 2005, 14:21
www.rafnews.co.uk

Anyone notice the F/A-18 Hornet on the intro? I know the RAF do exchange tours, but this is not a representative aircraft of the RAF.

(Spotter mode off)

TJ