PDA

View Full Version : Wall poster

moosp
1st Jun 2005, 02:56
Can anyone help me source that wall poster with a large number of helicopters in side on view. I think it is called "Helicopter identification" or something like it. It's big, maybe 140cm by 100cm. and starts off with the smallest in the top left and finishes with the big Russian jobs at the bottom.

It is published by Phillips Business Information Inc. in the USA but their web site has nothing about such pictures.

Many thanks

B Sousa
1st Jun 2005, 03:07
Theres one posted on the wall of the Offfice at Air Center Helicopters in St Thomas. Call Jens at 800-619-0013 or 340-775-7335 and he can help you.........(tell him its in the corner by the door into the next office..)
www.aircenterhelicopters.com

cl12pv2s
1st Jun 2005, 04:08
I think (not 100% sure) that the poster was a supplement to an issue of Rotor & Wing.

You could try there. I've looked but have not had much success. Maybe you could try emailling someone there.

cl12pv2s

paco
1st Jun 2005, 05:10
Wasn't it the shephard press?

Phil

flyer43
1st Jun 2005, 06:40
Try thr following link:

http://www.shephard.co.uk/Helicopter/Wallcharts.aspx

John Eacott
1st Jun 2005, 22:19
moosp,

The R & W Helicopter Recognition Chart shows a copyright to PJS Publications, at News Plaza, P.O. Box 1790, Peoria, Illinois 61656. That's the only info I can glean from my old copy ;)

aerolearner
1st Jun 2005, 22:42
I have this one:

http://www.unilibro.it/find_buy/copertine/g/24502090g.jpg

Is it the one you are looking for?

SASless
1st Jun 2005, 22:55
AeroLearner,

I see on your poster they saved the best till last!:ok:

Buitenzorg
1st Jun 2005, 23:02
Careful with those wall posters, they can be dangerous...

moosp
2nd Jun 2005, 00:48
Many thanks for the replies guys, and for the SMS from a couple of you.

Aerolearner, the one I am after has civil helicopters too, about double the number than on that chart.

John, I think PJS is part of Phillips Business Information now, and they are the ones I cannot find. Their chart is about twice the size of the Shephard one and good for big rooms like a crew room.

If all else fails I'll nick the one off the wall at the licencing office at the CAD...

And yes Buiten, I guess they can be dangerous to your well being and bank balance. If you are checked out on a few of the smaller ones, you keep day dreaming of getting the next bigger one on your licence ;)

Lu Zuckerman
2nd Jun 2005, 03:11
To: moosp

I have one still in the mailing tube. The return address on the tube is:

RWGP/RWG
Rotor and Wing
P.O. Box 900
Oregon, Illinois
USA

Contact them. They can help.

Good luck in your search.

:E :E

moosp
2nd Jun 2005, 09:01
Lu, many thanks for the address. I think that is the one I am after. If it is out of print I can always try ebay.

Hope you are in good health, and keeping an eye on the aircraft designers of the world...