PDA

View Full Version : Lanseria - TMA to be expanded

birdlady
31st May 2005, 15:48
Thought you might find this interesting............

Lanseria's TMA is about to be expanded and comes into effect from 9th of June. Full discusion can be found at www.avcom.co.za under the topic lanserias TMA (can not provide a direct link as I dont know how).

I dont know what kind of genius came up with this idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as it will seriously affect the GA industry. :* :* :* Again, a case of not informing just implementing. When are these :mad: :mad: going to realise that GA is as important to the aviation industry as the commercial side of the industry :* :* It will seriously compromise safety and will include a TMA charge :{ :{ :{

31st May 2005, 16:55
You'll just have to go via Krugersdorp then or really lowlevel west of the outer marker Rwy06.:sad:

Gauteng Pilot
2nd Jun 2005, 00:25
The residents of the northern JHB suburbs are going to love the guys doing sightseeing flights flying 1000Ft lower to avoid the TMA

Balloothebear
2nd Jun 2005, 12:19
Birdlady,thanks for bringing this to our attention, the relative link made for some intresting reading, once again it appears that our "democratic" CAA bulldozed its way over all the consultative bodies.
Living at HBV makes for some interesting viewing of aerial activities over the weekends, watching trikes,weekend warriors, para/hangliders,the odd part 121/135 operator ,all batting in the same airspace, can only be a reciepe for disaster.
I can only encourage all concerned to please use and maintain a radio watch on the correct frequency,and where possible "avoid" FALA ,as they (FALA) in their quest to become an "international" player have forgotten the very people that put FALA on the map in the first place, the general aviator.
Safe skies.........;)