PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair, time to command

Liftdumper
31st May 2005, 15:29
With 2000hr TT (1500jet) I consider joining FR.
In most of the topics about payment, it's all about low hours pilots becoming second officer.

Do I enter as a FO or SO with my hours? Does that mean anything for payment or can I expect to earn the STG 10.000 in the first year, as mentioned elsewhere on Pprune?

Is there a fast track or accelerated way to command? That's what it is all about in my opninion.

Regards

popay
31st May 2005, 16:21
Yeap FR drivers, please let us know how it goes with Ryan?
Ryan has been advertising fast track upgrade with more than 3000 BH and 500 on type, they going to upgrade you within 6 months, provided bla bla bla ......
What about the people without boing type rating? Total 6000 BH including wide body and long range experience on the bus, how long is that going to take to upgrade?
Flying in the ME, would be interesting to compare the chances.
Thanks.
Cheers.

the grim repa
31st May 2005, 21:19
only fluent english speakers only need apply.

bentover
1st Jun 2005, 00:44
If you're good enough, you'll get command within a year,if you have 3000ish hours.

Dutchie
1st Jun 2005, 07:58
The quick move to command is a nice way to get you in. There is a delay in getting you to the left seat lately due to a shortness of trainers.....

Ryanairpilot
1st Jun 2005, 17:53
...and their feet don't reach the pedals!!!!......boom, boom!

(sorry, i'll get my coat)

ifleeplanes
1st Jun 2005, 18:39
Also due to a shortness of First Officers, command upgrades are being delayed because they cant release FOs easily for command without getting even shorter. Short of Captains too......Catch 22

popay
1st Jun 2005, 21:04
Guys thanks for info. Slightly of topic but what is that all about the self sponsored type rating? What exactly do they mean? Do you have to pay it your self or is that sort of pay deduction or bond? I must say, I see it first time the company asking you to pay a rating….and it’s not even like in the FAA license, where it’s once endorsed it stays there. The type rating in the JAR expires if you don’t fly that particular type. Doesn’t look like an investment to me.
There are hot discussions in the ME and Far East fora whether people should change for Ryan mainly in order to get the left seat. What do you guys say? Would be particular interesting to find out from guys, who changed the ME or HKG career to Ryan? Was it worth it? Have my doubts on that one.
Cheers.:hmm:

fullforward
2nd Jun 2005, 02:43
The ability in write, speak and read in English is a 'sine qua non' condition...

atse
2nd Jun 2005, 07:28
Surely by now everybody knows that the different stories you hear reflect the fact that Ryanair does not have a consistent policy beyond exploiting people to the maximum extent it can. So, if you are desperate enough to pay for interview, simulator check and type rating you will find yourself doing so.

The best option is to find another employer if you can and get dug in there for the long term. If you feel you have go to Ryanair you have to do your best to avoid being trapped there by bonds, debts for ratings, lines in your contract, hopes of getting something you want "soon", etc. Above all, inform yourself. By now, on many long forgotten threads here on prune, virtually all the tricks and manipultations have been explained by somebody. It really would be worthwhile doing a search of prune and reading all the - very many - threads. It's the quickest and cheapest education you'll get.

hamil
2nd Jun 2005, 15:26
any chance to get an opportunity without an EU passport?