PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew

Little M
31st May 2005, 15:26
Can anyone give me information on working for a private airline as cabin crew? I currently work for an airline in the Middle East but come from the UK.

What kind of, and how much experience would companies be looking for and can anyone give me advice on how best to go about finding out more.

Any info would be much appreciated.

jan brady
1st Jun 2005, 21:49
Hi Little M,
they usually will be looking for a couple of years exerience supervisory experience, either as a purser or sfs, something like that.
At the interview expect to be asked to design a menu with choices of entree, main and dessert, soup and salad.
Because it will be you that orders the food from various hotels around the world.
In the middle east, you should look at Qatar Amiri or Royal Jet.
Oh ,and good luck!!:ok:

haamdhanimaid
7th Jun 2005, 19:01
Hey Little M

Try looking at www.flightinternational.com - jobs always pop up there. You could also try NetJets, Execujet, Jet Aviation but they all do prefer someone with at least 3-5 years experience and sometimes a second language is preferable. If you have a friend already there, that's always a bonus. NAS, based in Riyadh, is a good stepping stone to get on the ladder.

Beware of the sharks though - there are plenty out there: there are agencies that profess to find placements for crew in the private sector and have a tendancy to stick new crew in the operations 'of ill repute'...you have been warned!

Best of luck!:D
H