PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation of easyJet 737 courses

manx long tail
31st May 2005, 10:03
Recently heard that easyJet have cancelled several B737 courses, and that 737 recruiting may stop imminently.

Has anyone else heard this, and if so what is the rationale behind the idea?

The reason I am interested is that my base preference on the application form was LPL, GLA, BFS which are all exclusively 737 bases. Could it mean that the Airbus will now be taking over at some of these bases?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Manxy

The Greaser
31st May 2005, 11:50
Unlikely as a lot of 737 FO's are leaving and many others are on transfer lists to airbus or shortly to be airbus bases.

Slim20
4th Jun 2005, 20:53
Its probably because some beancounter has decided that it is not in the mid-term benefit of the company to have more new entrant 737 pilots, as they can still keep 30% of the 737 crew moving round the country in taxis at any given time to plug all the holes in the program.

Of course this leaves no standby cover at -300 bases like LPL, LTN and EDI/GLA because they are also covering EMA, STN, BRS and of course each other all at the same time. But what the hell! As long as the pilots believe all the sh!te about the new rostering, watertight crew planning and all the other promises BALPA wrote on the back of a fag packet, then us poor suckers will just keep doing it and drawing our paychecks.

I am sorry that the courses have been cancelled - sorry for you, for me and my colleagues. It is just another example of double standards and hypocrisy in a stupid company.

Nil further
5th Jun 2005, 10:50
Looks like the shortage of 737 guys will be acute in July / August as we have all just received an email from the management inviting part timers to work full time in July August . . . . . . and the magnficent incentive you will receive for giving up your time during the peak holiday season is ? double time ? extra leave credit ? a day off later in the year for your anniversary / kids birthday ?

Nope , non of these ,the incentive ,as usual is NOTHING thats right nothing . So you give it up for the co ' you receive nothing above the standard daily rate in return .

Its all about our people making a difference , people are our number one asset , blah blah blah blah

These numskulls would rather sub-charter flights out than admit they got their crew resource wrong and will have to pay the boys a few more quid to turn out for extra days .

The sub chartering probably comes out of someone elses budget so the pilot managers can still boast that they have made budget on crew costs and claim a big fat bonus for all their hard work .

Shaka Zulu
5th Jun 2005, 11:14
Ah Nil Further so you must be one of the ones making us full timers fly the bollocks off then ;)
No Pun Intended Matey, only joking.
At least I have Holiday in July.....Plus being on 880 hours for the rolling year certainly helps.
Truth be told a little incentive was I think needed to lure guys in coming back full time for a while.

Just like our line: discretion should be looked upon favourably by the crew in our new rostering 'agreement'

Bollocks

Airbrake
5th Jun 2005, 15:09
Despite the usual complaints about unstable rosters and high hours there will always be guys who will jump at the chance of selling their holidays or partime days off back to the company for a pittance. This will paper over the cracks again, and the real problem of a lack of pilots will be forgotten about until it resurfaces next year.

rhythm method
8th Jun 2005, 01:37
To go back to the original query, manx, I am pretty sure you have been given duff gen. I know of someone on a 737 course later this month, and another one with an August course. As far as I am aware there is no change in the 737 recruitment in the near future. Just hold tight, and something should come up. Recently had to say 'no' to a course myself, but was told I should hear before the end of the year.

llien14
10th Jun 2005, 09:13
Easyjet are now operating A319s out of BFS, to LGW at least. Flew there and back on one last week

Caraman
12th Jun 2005, 10:17
So I guess it will take some time before ezy starts recruiting again.

I wonder if there is a company in the world, who doesn't :mad: wtih their pilots...

smith
12th Jun 2005, 10:38
There was an easy 737 in the circuit at PIK this week.

10002level
12th Jun 2005, 14:04
llien14 Easyjet are now operating A319s out of BFS, to LGW at least. Flew there and back on one last week

That is because LGW is an Airbus base.