PDA

View Full Version : Cavity searches for Pilots ?

Interceptor
30th May 2005, 22:22
Airport staff 'smuggling drugs'
By Martin Chulov and Jonathan Porter
May 31, 2005

WORKERS at the nation's largest airport, including baggage handlers with high-level security clearances, have been involved in drug-smuggling and stealing from passengers, according to a classified Customs report that also suggests staff pose a terrorism threat.

A probe by investigators into airport workers from toilet cleaners to pilots has found evidence of alleged criminal conspiracies between groups of employees with access to the most secure areas of Sydney airport.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15461428-2,00.html

scrubed
30th May 2005, 22:55
some Asian-recruited Qantas crew may be involved in the importation of narcotics and are current subjects of alertsGreat..... maybe they could be rostered on Bali flights. At least the boilers and flouncers were too preoccupied with their own personal agendas to bother smuggling drugs and tarnishing the name of our proud, Aussie carrier, Qwantas.

Sack 'em all and send 'em back to their smelly back-waters.

On cavity searches:

Will they take us to dinner and a movie first???

Just make sure you eat a big juicy steak the night before every flight from now on. And some meat pies and curry.

"Find anything interesting Officer??"

"Hey now I know how a muppet feels."

"Let me know if you find my dignity..."

Etc, etc, etc....... :yuk:

king oath
31st May 2005, 00:48
Searching pilots makes great street theatre for the punters in the terminal. But what does it achieve? Do they really think a pilot would hijack himself?

" OK self. This is a hijack. One move and I'll blow your brains out."

Perhaps it would make a good skit for a TV show. Ground staff ok to walk onto the airport carrying bags with everything but a thermonuclear device in them, but not those shifty bloody pilots.

But then, you see minister Anderson on the tv and you realise that this is not about sense. A bloody farmer trying to look in control.

En-Rooter
31st May 2005, 01:25
Told Youse all,

The clown is that far out of his depth, he wouldn't know his ar$e was on fire till he got his finger burnt.

How long will the aviation industry have to put up with this fool, maybe they could put him into a childcare portfolio, then he would have someone to talk to on the same level.

:ok:

Howard Hughes
31st May 2005, 07:21
I can see it now....

"Ladies and Gentleman Skippy flight 123, has been cancelled till tuesday, when the captain will be able to sit down again!!"

Perhaps we might all have to bring inflatable cushions to work!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

currawong
31st May 2005, 08:45
Just like being back in GA.

Only regulated....

:sad:

cunninglinguist
31st May 2005, 09:21
See what sort of a reaction you get next time you go through the rent-a-cop stall and say " I'm about to go out and strap 15 ton of kero to my arse and point it at Canberra " :D

...........apparently my parole comes up in 2015 :{

Ultralights
31st May 2005, 09:38
..........apparently my parole comes up in 2015

you tell them yo smuggled in your nose hair clippers ??? :}

Buster Hyman
31st May 2005, 09:39
I'm sure there are plenty of qualified FA's out there...

Kanga767
31st May 2005, 21:53
Can someone explain to me in what way Australian Customs might be responsible for general airport security and whether some airport staff may pose a terrorist threat, as appears the tone of the media reports?

K

Edited for clarity

Sunfish
31st May 2005, 22:32
With the very greatest of respect, Customs are simply following the trail of drugs.......which leads from International....to domestic....to a quick throw over the fence into the carpark.

Kanga767
31st May 2005, 22:52
Perhaps its intent was simply as comment, in-confidence, and we can again thank the media for publicising it and blowing it out of proportion?

K

Ron & Edna Johns
1st Jun 2005, 00:16
Sunfish - they don't even have to throw it over the fence - just walk out the gate, unchecked.

TIMMEEEE
1st Jun 2005, 00:31
According to one media report, a Qantas Sydney trolley handler was convicted and served 8 years in jail for drug trafficking charges - and now the individual is working airside !

If true, what the hell does that say for the Qantas security dept and the supposed Federal Police checks that are mandatory for the issue of an ASIC card?

If it is indeed true the entire system is laughable at the very least and needs some serious restructuring.

bekolblockage
1st Jun 2005, 01:28
Innuendo! (ouch) ;)

relax737
1st Jun 2005, 04:07
Where the hell is the enema bandit when you need him!!

Enema Bandit's Dad
1st Jun 2005, 08:49
Mate, he's been banned! Bummer hey? (Which one of you Woomera's was considering reinstating his posting rights? Any progress on that? He'd love to come back. I've installed Nannynet on his computer for him too.)

scrubed
1st Jun 2005, 09:13
I tried that..... never works.

EPIRB
4th Jun 2005, 05:50
relax737, you aren't The Cat are you?

tinpis
4th Jun 2005, 05:53
Next trip to Bali tin is considering shrink wrapping his a*se as well as his bags.

relax737
7th Jun 2005, 23:18
The cat?? Negatron on the cat EPIRB.

Maybe you mean 'cool cat'? OK I m one of those....so damned cool I'm almost frozen. thanks

Buster Hyman
8th Jun 2005, 02:38
I think frigid was the term you were after....