PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Qatar

6_DoF
30th May 2005, 19:31
I have lived here for 4 1/2 years and although the inflation effects are being felt throughout the region I personaly feel that this place takes the biscuit. Cost of living has more than doubled. Housing has gone from 4500QR for a decent three bed fully furnished compound house to, if your lucky, 1200QR unfurnished in two years. Food prices have doubled, school fees have doubled. All this before you even mention the Exchange rate. Most people I have met, are, or seriously contemplainting leaving because of this.

If you want to come here make sure you negotiate a good contract.

Fortunately My company, Not QR, pay for my villa at present but how long that will last nobody knows.

Thinking of coming here think again!

ironbutt57
30th May 2005, 20:36
Anywhere the US military goes, the housing soars because of their generous allowances....:(

billy34-kit
31st May 2005, 05:47
.....any us military in Dubai butt!!!! c'ause the rent here sky rocket!!!!!

ironbutt57
31st May 2005, 06:38
Speculators my friend in the UAE...what goes up usually comes down.....yes rents and land prices are seemingly out of control in the UAE.....however, as mentioned above, Bahrain and Qatar both had reasonable rents until the US military descended upon them, Bahrain very much affected by the moving from KSA, the dependents of families working there...try Abu Dhabi for family living...almost impossible:(