PDA

View Full Version : What a sad bunch we are.....

DP Harvey
29th May 2005, 19:01
Its approaching 8pm on a Bank Holiday Sunday evening and I'm perusing the PPPruNe messages. I've noticed that quite a lot of messages have been posted throughout the day, including one of my own, earlier on.

Whats happening here? Are we all that sad that we have to bring the RAF home on a Bank Hol....take me out and shoot me someone...please :-(

6foottanker
29th May 2005, 19:05
Yep! A bank holiday weekend is just another day in the corps!:{ :{

SASless
29th May 2005, 20:10
Dedication is 24 hours a day!:ok:

Itsrainingagain
29th May 2005, 20:12
Some of us haven't taken it home - some of us are working!!! Tomorrow too:( :{

cazatou
29th May 2005, 20:30
Don't knock it.

I once had to leave home at 0130 hrs on Boxing Day morning to do the Shuttle from Aldergrove to Gutersloh. I was stopped 11 times by the Police on my way there and, on arrival, I was B******ed by OC OPS who thought it was out of order for his personnel to have to work on Bank Holidays.

Itsrainingagain
29th May 2005, 20:32
Somebody out there doesnt like me - I did New Years Eve and New Years day 0700 too!!:{ :{ :{

moony
29th May 2005, 20:45
I after 35 years, don't do those type of things anymore.

Moony

propulike
29th May 2005, 21:28
I, after a mere 20, do.

I can't wait until I'm important enough to be able to work part time - ie Mon to Fri!

ZH875
29th May 2005, 22:26
A day out of Uniform is a day wasted.:O

The Real Slim Shady
29th May 2005, 23:15
Got bollocked once by an OC Ops because he hadn't read the flight plan. Filed the (European)departure as the alternate as the weather everywhere in the UK was snow.

He decided, we, Co pilot , and me were prima donnas as we hadn't discussed this with his navigator duty flying chap; God bless him, all I could do to stop co from panning him.

Such is life in uniform.....green bag.

Always subordinate to the Royal Ground Force.

But thanks for being there anyway guys....................and gals

helidriver
30th May 2005, 01:03
No rest for the wicked - i'm working tom, doh, I mean today! Stag on on dudes...........................!

WE Branch Fanatic
30th May 2005, 21:09
Could be worse. You might all be playing this game. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/programmes/computers/dd.shtml)
:yuk: :} :yuk:

On_The_Top_Bunk
30th May 2005, 23:00
A day out of uniform is a day wasted. ;)

rather like "who needs morale when you have discipline"

Or I may be just bored and stumbled here before bed

Blacksheep
31st May 2005, 03:21
Back in't good owld days we never got time off - except an hour on Xmas day for a slap up dinner and a game of football with the enemy, then it was back to work, defending the nation.

Staish was permanently pissed, but OC Ops was convinced the Russians would attack at 12.30 on Xmas day, so he always refused to leave his post. In't end they closed the base and gave all the toys to the Navy, but I think he's still there... :hmm: