PDA

View Full Version : Angouleme France

pax britanica
29th May 2005, 16:43
On holiday in France last week norticed in the regional newspaper a suggested story that a British airline was considering starting flights to Angouleme in the Charente department in Western france- my French isnt great and I was too cheap to actually buy the paper rather than look at it in the rack.

Anyone have any idea who might be considering this-FlyBe/Ryanair folks care to comment. I visit the area a lot and a direct flight would be quite convenient

Angouleme and its surroundings house lots of Brits and I think a 5 a week schedule would do pretty well even though this region (Poitiers to Bordeaux )is already quite well served by Ryanair and FlyBe -

Angouleme airport looks like many French regional airports -modern but very little used and I am sure their would be some encouragment from the local tourist department for the idea . The airport itself has a small terminal but a decent looking runway about 6-7000 ft with ILS so to an amateur eye it looked like it could sustain airline ops
Any ideas??

PB

Oshkosh George
29th May 2005, 21:42
Can't really understand how you say these flights would be useful to you,but didn't buy a paper!
It would have been easier than asking here.
Sorry, I know nothing!

pax britanica
29th May 2005, 21:57
Fair comment George but only having a 50 Euro note and not liking where I had left the car were factors that contributed to an impatient decsion

Oshkosh George
30th May 2005, 00:04
And it was in a foreign language(sorry!).

I'm just in a funny(?) humour!

pax britanica
2nd Jun 2005, 11:43
Actually George I do speak reasonable french and read it well enough to understand the parking restrictions -signs I hadnt seen when parking the car-anyway the lack of response suggest Angouleme isnt really on anyones list yet

Frankfurt_Cowboy
2nd Jun 2005, 11:50
Angouleme has the dubious honour of being twinned with Bury, I'm sure they'd love a Manchester service so they can get there that bit quicker................