PDA

View Full Version : ryanair new pay deal

Ryanairpilot
29th May 2005, 15:28
well, i take it all back. those wonderful managers of ours must have implemented a new pay deal without us knowing about it. has anybody else seen the payscales quoted on the website?

apparently after 3-5 years a uk line captain can earn £100,000. now there's something that must have passed me right by.

either we're about to get a huge pay hike or they'll say anything cos we now have a very serious pilot shortage. methinks it's the latter.

bentover
29th May 2005, 15:40
I'm here 14 years and I'm on 70000 euro.

BBT
29th May 2005, 21:21
Its the shortage. It certainly is not that the money is being paid to the older hands. Also, note that the salaries quoted are not starting salaries. So, it looks like more of the "come and join us and everything will be wonderful" kind of nonsense than we know only too well. Of course it is a practical solution to their problems as there are always those who will believe the claims and sign up. So to the extent that they are correct in believing there will be takers they are serving their master well!

Dutchie
30th May 2005, 07:25
No no, that 100K is te advertising rate not the actual rate. A bit like on the website: fares are advertised from 1 P but you end up paying GBP 50! :hmm: