PDA

View Full Version : Future Of HUY

AndyHUY
29th May 2005, 12:37
What are peoples honest opinions of the future of HUY? I have seen rumours on the airhumberside website that the KLM service is to increase capacity from a F70 to F100 in october. This is good but the airport needs a few more international destinations!

The potential of low cost airlines out of HUY is questioned by some but surely if the likes of EXT or MME or even CVT can do it in the face of stiff competition from other airports in their catchment areas, surely HUY can support some services to the more common destinations such as Palma, Alicante, Faro, Malaga, CDG etc...

The airport needs a well known operator to start services, something that it has rarely had in the past! That is why i believe the services have failed to materialise, that and the obvious unstable nature of the small airlines such as eurodirect!

Gill airways went into administration and although everyone expected the CDG flights to continue with a different operator HUY lost a growing route that probably could have been just as popular as the one to AMS with KLM!

I live in Hull and for the city to grow, and the region as a whole to be able to grow i believe it is in the best interests of the local councils to back the airport and help it get the operators in before we totaly lose out!

What do you think?