PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Off-Line

gehenna
29th May 2005, 06:51
Folks

Can anyone give me an idea as to what is wrong with IE; I recently went onto Broadband, and IE constantly defaults to 'Working Offline' despite my unticking that box under 'File.' I have tried unticking, restarting the computer, but it reverts to the same.

Any advice appreciated.

BOAC
29th May 2005, 08:09
Click on 'Tools'/'Connections' and tell us what you see - and which version of Windows and IE please?

All Ahead Full
31st May 2005, 13:00
I would set up another connection

Goto Internet Explorer
Choose Tools
Internet Options
Connections
And set up a new connection, and make this the default

See if that cures it

gehenna
1st Jun 2005, 07:43
Guys, thanks for your help.

I am using Windows XP, and IE version 6. Sorry, cannot say more about 'what I see' as I am away from the machines in question for some weeks.

With regard to setting up a new connection, being on broadband, is this an option (no computer expert as you can see!)

Thanks again for your valued input.

BOAC
1st Jun 2005, 14:55
Waiting till you get back!
To set up a connection:-
Which ISP are you with? You presumably had an installation disk with your ADSL modem? Running that should do it for you, having deleted the current one (Network connections; select and delete), or just give the new one a different name. However, I would check the 'tools' anwers before you go mucking about with 'network connections'.:D

toothpic
1st Jun 2005, 16:26
I am with NTL and have had the same problem starting maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, unable to find the cause either...

Kev

BOAC
1st Jun 2005, 16:42
So, TP - same questions for you?

toothpic
1st Jun 2005, 18:22
I will try creating a new internet connection using the tools menu when I get home to the PC next Monday..
Kev