View Full Version : A320 during cruise cabin v/s change quickly ?

rambo_alan
29th May 2005, 04:34
according to the pilot report ,during cruise the cabin v/s changed from -1100 to 1000
on the ground cpc tested ok .
is the fault related to the prv or 10ha2 ?

IFixPlanes
29th May 2005, 09:27
No, i donīt think so.
If you have a faulty PRV (Pressure Regulating Valve) or 10HA (PRV Control-Solenoid) the pressure "usually" decrease. But this is only one sorce of bleed. The other engine would maintain the neccessary pressure to hold the cabine.
But your v/s "increase"! :zzz:
I would blame the CPC (Cabine Pressure Controler) or the OFV (Out Flow Valve).
What did the PFR say?
Any ECAM warnings or fault messages related to ATA 21? :confused:

Ingo

P.s.: You ask for PRV or 10HA2 so i think you have a fault message like "PRESS REG-V 4001HA2 OR SOL 10HA2 OR SENSE LINE"
But if you habe no ECAM warnings related to Bleed pressure like "AIR ENG 2 BLEED ABNORM PR" or the crew observed unusual pressure of this engine, you can (my experience) disregard this fault message. You can see this fault message very often in the PFR or PLR (Previous Leg Report) of the BMC (Bleed Management Computer) on normal working airplanes.

near enuf is good enuf
27th Jun 2005, 01:49
"According to pilot report",
Ah, I see the problem now!;)

mono
29th Jun 2005, 14:16
A somewhat flippant reply near enough!!

I agree with I fix.

There are several telexes about this AND, I think, an SB (although the SB details a specific PFR message).

All say to replace the outflow valve. It's better to be safe than sorry here. There have been several decompression ASR's on the 'bus and believe me a white out is not a pleasant experience.