PDA

View Full Version : Chiminea's

HOGE
28th May 2005, 23:24
Bought one this afternoon, and have spent a very pleasant evening (and night) out in the garden toasting myself over the wood burning stove. There is something deeply satisfying and primeval about sitting under the stars watching the logs burn and getting pi**ed. (Or maybe it's just the getting pi**ed bit.)

Morning after edit: Less satisfying and primeval is waking up with a thick head and nausea, must be all that wood smoke!:yuk:

Jerricho
29th May 2005, 01:08
Good for you Hoge :ok:

I can think of one or two people who I could call chiminea as well.........shaped like one and full of hot air.

Onan the Clumsy
29th May 2005, 01:37
...but mostly really just one person right? :E

Standard Noise
29th May 2005, 14:04
Onan the Chiminea

mmm, has a ring to it.:p

Noah Zark.
29th May 2005, 20:42
HOGE,
I recommend B.B.Q.-style charcoal. No smoke, apart from a little when you first light it/add to it. Absolutely ace! Our Chim. is earthenware, about four feet tall.
We have had its pot-belly glowing quite a few times well into the early hours, whilst friends and us enjoyed each others company, becoming slowly soused!
Give it another go. Can't comment on the thick head and nausea. Could be bad grog. Don't recall it affecting us. :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
30th May 2005, 07:06
Sounds like a good place to simmer a pot of gluhwein....:ok: :E

cyclicmicky
30th May 2005, 07:20
Taking delivery of a cast iron chiminea today, I hope it's as good as yours folks.
Saw a firepit thing there as well, it's like a square tray with a pyramid on top, supposed to be very effective but haven't seen one in operation yet.
:ok: