View Full Version : Interesting Experiences on EDI-LHR-EDI 26th May

The_Banking_Scot
28th May 2005, 15:00
Hi,
26th May
EDI-LHR
BA 1433
Seat 11F (757)

Flight was fairly empty so the middle seat was free( a nice bonus compared to normal).
20 min dealy in start up (ATC) but then - the trollies came out and served water/oj

Circled LON for 10-15mins but on appraoch came in alomst directlly to the north of LHR before turning east and heading towards central ondon before a turn back west over the city. As it was a fine morning the right hand side of the a/c and my seat got a wonderful view of the huge LHR area with a/c landing & taking off ( a wonderful sight).

As we headed west on final approach over London , the CSD came on and desciribed the sites out of the window then " in a few seconds you will hear the dulcet tones on the landing gear coming down!! this will be about 2.5mins prior to landing)" this was very nicely done.

On arriving at the gate rather than door 1L we used door 2L ot exit so I was one of the first off.

Day of drinking pimms at Lords followed!!

BA1462
LHR-EDI
1930 ( delayed to 2005)
A 319
Seat 1A

Grabbed 1A at OLCI. After clearing security the display monitors showed 30mim delay. Lounge was out of newspapers and the upstairs area had no diet coke and a few sandwiiches
Gate was 79 then walk down the steps and across to the a/c to board by stairs.
Flight was full so no empty seat but a well known politician was behind me in 2A.
Pushed back and headed to 27L but as we headed along runway 23 towards 27 we stopped for a few minutes. Captain came on and said we were stopped by ATC due to a Fox crossing and you could seein on the right hand side ( I was on the left hand side)
Ebn route had the usual mini CE chicken salad and drinks but the CSD came round later on and offered more drinks ( I asked for a diet coke and got two more cans without asking) He did offer thirds but I declined.

It was a beautifu evening as we decended over the forth with the setting sun creating a golden colour over EDI and the Forth then just before landing......

Go around power was applied and we climb hard before turning right - a littlle bit of excitement.. The person next to me asked what caused it and I replied probably an aircraft not taking off or being slow to vacate the runway were most likely. As we cruiised back towards the east to line up again for the approach the captain came on and apologised for going around due to ATC instructions.
Landed with no problems and once we got to the gate the first officer stood by the flight deck door and before leaving I overheard him say that an aricarft was very slow to take off in front of us.
I stood to the side for a moment and asked what happened to the fox at LHR- the FO replied it just dissapeared into the grass-but we might see it on the BBC airport!! I handed in the Change for good envelope and thanked the FO for taking care of us and he thanked me in return.

A big thank you to all the BA flight and cabin crew on those two flights
:ok:

- a liitle bit out of the ordinary excitement on what normally are boring/routine flights ( but no flight is completely boring to me.)

Regards

TBS

sixmilehighclub
28th May 2005, 22:17
That was no fox. I was taking a shortcut home after a very heavy night out. :\

Glad you had a good flight!

PAXboy
29th May 2005, 02:01
Thanks TBS, always good to hear that things can go well. I have not been on the 757 for ages, such a lovely machine and you got a third 'take-off' for free!