PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Sydney Maintenance Plan

Eagleboy69
28th May 2005, 12:25
This is the plan for Sydney Maintenance.

SIT will be split in two, with one group to remain at SIT to carry out the maintenance requirements of the Customer Aircraft. Shift pattern to be announced. The remainder will be transferred to Base Maintenance control.

SDT will also be split in two, with one group to remain at SDT to carry out flight line maintenance requirements. The remainder to be transferred to Heavy Maintenance Control.

Base Maintenance will transfer a yet to be determined number of personnel to Heavy Maintenance to carry out a modified and expanded work plan (detailed later).

Base and Heavy Maintenance will merge to become one body with two tasks.

Base Maintenance will be renamed and carry out QF maintenance tasks formerly carried out by SIT, as well as all of its former tasks.

There will be Redundancies offered to Heavy Maintenance LAME's so as to reduce the LAME to AME ratio to less than 30%.

Heavy Maintenance will be known as 'Sydney Core' and will carry out QF and AO, B733, B734, B738, B763, B743 and B744. 'A' and Super 'A' check maintenance in H131, H191, H245, H271 and H416. They will also carry out Comercial and Customer work as it becomes available.

Sydney Core personnel be transferred to a number of new shifts to cater for now expanded and diverse maintenance tasks planned. Most will be working monday to friday, Day/Afternoon, with a yet to be determined number of perminant day weekend crews. These weekend crews will be supplimented with Base crews as workload dictates. There will be a perminant night shift to carry out the maintenance requirements of the Domestic fleet.

fordran
29th May 2005, 07:28
A friend of mine is trying to transfer to Sydney at the moment and when asking about transfers has been told a similar story. Apparently the changes will be made as soon as the EBA is signed. They have been too bogged down with the ot bans up until now.

They want to make the most out of the current ALAEA Executive. Their term expires in 12 months and they figure they will get a crap EBA and major changes/redundancies/outsourcing from the pro Qantas Executive before they all get the boot. Don\'t vote yes unless you know exactly what your agreeing to fellas it could cost you your job.

Eagleboy69
29th May 2005, 07:45
I was told today by George Hertsic that the company was due to make an announcment this week, but they have deferred this until the week after the vote closes.

Mr Potato heads replacement is being promoted as the favorite to take on the Manager Sydney Maintenance title, Very concerning given his EOC and QDS form.

No LAME is safe and if there are any out there who do not believe this, they are dreaming.

ZIP TY
29th May 2005, 08:48
When the road show team was asked if they knew something they weren't telling us as the reason for the EBA cr#p.
They all answered NO.

Maybe they have known about this all along. This would explain why they really belive they are doing a great job.

numbskull
30th May 2005, 02:10
Good rumour!!

It makes so little sense that it may actually prove true.

My manager has told me August is when an announcement will be made regarding changes although I have no idea what they are.

Turbo 5B
30th May 2005, 07:06
EBA 7 CLOSING DOWN SALE
EVERYTHING MUST GO
SHIFT ALLOWANCE - SLASHED
5 DAY WEEKENDS - SLASHED
ANNUAL LEAVE - 20% OFF
O/T - SLASHED
CUSTOMER A/C PAYMENTS - SLASHED
TRAINING - SLASHED
LAMES - SLASHED
LOG OF CLAIMS - OUT THE DOOR
TAKE HOME PAY - SLASHED
EBA BARGAINING COMMITTEE - ALREADY SOLD
SECOND JOBS - HEAVILY REDUCED

SPECIAL OFFER - FREE O/T BANK WITH EVERY YES VOTE.

NEW STORE OPENING SOON

SYDNEY CORE MAINTENANCE

PHONE : 1800EBA7YES

(Also For Sale Speed Braces and Inspection Mirrors for our colleagues that used to be in CABIN INTERIORS and have been returned to real aircraft maintenance tasks.)

Crystal Marina
30th May 2005, 09:26
Turbo 5B,
You obviously live in a fantasy world!

Masterbation must be a treat for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yuk:

Turbo 5B
30th May 2005, 10:10
Come , Come ,(pardon the pun) Crystal dearest.
There is no need to drag my sex life into this.
That was merely a copy of a flyer circulatng today.
I'm suprised you haven't seen it.

Eagleboy69
30th May 2005, 13:24
CM, you are a bit quiet on this topic...

Can you see nothing to pick out and trash ?

Or do you too know that its is true....

Maybe it was you that told me of it's existance...

sys 4
30th May 2005, 20:16
looks like HM and Base will finally become one big happy family,should make it easier for base guys to get their SOE at least.

Crystal Marina
30th May 2005, 22:21
Turbo 5B & Eagleboy69, I am not privy to flyer that may be circulating in your work areas so I cannot make comment. When I was there Base and Heavy all came under the one person. One manager for E&I and one for mechanical. It seemed to work just fine.

sys 4
31st May 2005, 07:37
i'm sure a copy will hit Cabin Int soon

Crystal Marina
31st May 2005, 10:31
sys 4,

I think you'll find that is "sure".

Ultralights
31st May 2005, 10:35
jebus christ! this is not primary school, who cares if words are spelt incorrectly?? as long as the message is understood.

when was the last time you could read a doctors writing?

goddamn spelling police!

sys 4
31st May 2005, 18:18
thanks for that CM

Crystal Marina
1st Jun 2005, 08:20
Ultralights,

I would just like to draw your attention to the fact that writing and spelling are two different things.

There is no excuse for bad spelling by an educated person.

As a LAME, if you are, you should aspire higher than that as a professional person.

End of sermon!

right wing
1st Jun 2005, 09:23
Turbo, still have your nose out of joint from being banned on the Union board, I see. All of your posts are angry. Maybe you NEED some self stimulation to get over it.

Funny how the spelling police aren't needed when your own are posting. However, when someone who is against your own agenda spells off colour someone mentions it. i.e. Mr. Qantas. So, get over yourselves. I was told a long time ago, spelling doesn't matter on the internet.

Ultralights
1st Jun 2005, 09:43
spelling/ typos same thing when using a laptom from an airport, taxi, matress.

who cares, now back to the QF maint plan.....................

Turbo 5B
1st Jun 2005, 09:59
Hey right wing, is there another turbo on his site?
I'm annoyed for sure, but I'm not always angry. I have two beautiful children a gorgeous wife and a Palace as a home.
I think that channelling ones anger into education is a far better thing than just bitching all the time.
If you like you can ask me a question, If I can shed some light on the subject I will. If not I won't I won't crap on about something I don't know about.

As for self stimulation... my wife woke me on Thursday morning with something that would blow your mind away, so therefore I don't think I need self stimulation!!!!!

The Union board...What union board would that be then?
The one that's no longer operating due to the lack of moderation from the administrators?

Eagleboy69
2nd Jun 2005, 00:45
too much information turbo

Crystal Marina
2nd Jun 2005, 10:28
Turbo 5B,
I always thought you may have been doing one handed typing.

:ok:

Gone Sailing
2nd Jun 2005, 13:43
eagleboy,

Where are you getting your information ?

Or are you just speculating ?

I have heard many of these rumours as individual rumours, have you simply put them all together and filled in the blanks to make it some what believable.

Point of issue : If the LAME to AME ratio is reduced to 30% the crews in the so called 'Core' would be decemated, as the ratio is 70% at the moment (according to H.T's April Quarterly Brief).

Does the Company plan to hire more ame's to build up the numbers ?

sys 4
2nd Jun 2005, 14:10
try and find AME's with the sh*t house pay their offering

Turbo 5B
2nd Jun 2005, 22:36
CM .. You thought wrong.
I see you've adopted the Trustee 1 defence. (I don't wish to answer the question so I will attack the persons character or upbringing and maybe bring sexual function/preferences into it. or as a final resort cr@p on for several hundred words that amount to nothing)
I really thought that you were above all of that. A worthy adversary even.
I guess that even you can no longer justify the Associations handling of this eba.
You may as well give up and hand the keyboard over to the next exec member to defend the actions of that bunch of amatuers.

Eagleboy69
4th Jun 2005, 02:04
Someone that I know, works in an area that is privy to a lot of the information to do with Business change within the company.

This was from a draft, there has been a lot more work done since it was written but I am unable to say as it might give this person away and that is the last thing that I want to do.

There is a lot of this out there because the managers have been briefed and unfortunatly for upper managment, fortunate for us, some of this has then been passed on. Managment is not very happy to say the least.

Yes there will be a lot of LAME redundancies and there will be some employment, at a later date,of AME'.

The Company is also looking forward to employing new apprentices, under a reduced hours apprencetiship scheme post July 1. As they will then be able to train apprentices in specific focused areas and not full apprenticeships like in the past.

Apprentices will be the main source of recruiting for Engineering and they will only take who they want, with the cull being very rigid. They will not get a job if they are not good enough, even if the Company needs the numbers.

You will see a lot more apprentices around as they are a very cheep form of labour.

Turbo 5B
4th Jun 2005, 02:08
Does this redunancy and then rehiring of Lames have something to do with the customer aircraft payments issue.
ie If you take a redundancy and come back 2 yrs later instead of being paid for the licences you hold you get paid for the aircraft you certify for?

What is the big picture?

ZIP TY
4th Jun 2005, 08:50
;) turbo don't worry mate.
crystal and his mates are protecting us:{
our jobs are in good hands with an experienced team getting us great results when the company have been making record profits, should be a piece of cake to save our jobs with their connections.

I'd rather be a mexican with balls than a castrated yank :yuk:

Turbo 5B
4th Jun 2005, 23:44
Oh good,
I feel soooo much more secure now.

Eagleboy69
5th Jun 2005, 03:41
Turbo,

I have no knowledge of any plan to hire LAME's, but if the company was to do so in the future they would not be coming back as the level that they left at and they will have to cop all the reduced benefits.

At the moment there is a lot of incentive to stay so as to maintain and build on your level, QANTAS do not want this. It may well bite them like it is in Avalon, where LAME's leave to take advantage of lucrative short term contracts overseas, then return on the same if not better conditions. They know that they can get a job because attrition is so high at Avalon.

It all ties in together if you think about it.

The combining of all maintenance departments in Sydney under one managment structure.

OT bank for all.

Other Operators payments only for SIT contract section.

Reduced Ad hoc and maintenance visit payments for everyone else.

This is all about reducing the cost structure in Sydney and increasing the flexibility in the business.

Through, shift loading reduction, manpower cost reduction through LAME reduction, cheap labour in the form of apprentices.

Welcome to the new world

Crystal Marina
5th Jun 2005, 09:49
Eagleboy69,
I am pleased to see that you have finally got the point.

But your post should have ended in " Welcome to the real world".:ok:

Eagleboy69
5th Jun 2005, 14:31
CM

And which point might that be ?

The one that we should bend over and take it squarely in the :mad: ?

I do not think so....

I think that you are missing my point actually CM.

I look at what the company is doing and is planning to do, as an attempt to devalue what we do and it\'s importance in the public eye.

They Ansett and TAA portrayed their pilots as overpayed bus drivers in their dispute.

I do not think that we are Glorified Car Mechanics, a car mechanic earns more than most in avaition.

The company are looking in the wrong places to save money.

Why not look at IT, the system that we use in Sydney is totally crap and wasts an aweful lot of time.

The Guys and Girls in Heavy Maintenance want to work a more efficient shift but the company says no... They trialed a healthy and efficient shift during the A330 reconfigs last year that gave the company an extra two hours a day, increased moral, reduced the need for overtime and had the last plane ready eleven days early. But the company did not want it. Heavy Maintenance managment made a huge blue there, they missed a golden opportunity to show to the company what they could do.

They should be looking to book in super A checks to run in the middle of D checks, to occupy the manpower while awaiting workshops and increase their burn rate.

Avalon is a failure, their turn time is pathetic, not to mention the cost of positioning the aircraft there.

If the company increased moral even just a little, the effect would be out of site.

One of these days QANTAS will wake up and realise that instead of outsourceing maintenance, they should have continued in the vein of John Menadue in the mid to late eighties. Back then Qantas was looking to expand Maintenance and use our excellent maintenance reputation to attract customer work that would suppliment our maintenance work. Look at all the other quality airlines in the world who have dome just that. They call it an MRO these days and talk of them as if they are a new concept.

When we started outsourceing our maintenance, it was seen by most others in the industry as a failed concept and they were bringing their maintenance back in house or looking to the reputable MRO\'s. The only ones pushing the concept were those who were looking to make money from it.

A golden opportunity lost

Turbo 5B
5th Jun 2005, 22:58
Couldn't have put that better myself.
p.s C.M it probably should have read Goodbye to the world as we know it.
What do you think of the extended hours airbus shift that was worked CM. Do you know of it?

Pity City
6th Jun 2005, 10:17
What don't You HM people understand about the word VOLUNTARY?
Here are some defintions from the Macquarie Dictionary that may help you all out.

1. done, made, brought about, etc , by free will or choice

2. acting on one's own will or choice

3. relating to or depending on voluntary action or help

4. having the power of willing or choosing.

If you cant work it out from here, there is nothing that will save you all in this EBA and no negotiating commitee would be able to either.

Maybe we should have put in the EBA that the, 44's full of paper on fire, for you all to stand around in pity city should be placed for those who want to stand around and winge all day everday!!!!!!

sys 4
6th Jun 2005, 11:22
pity city maybe you could look up in that dictionary of yours the meaning of THE THIN END OF THE WEDGE.

Gone Sailing
6th Jun 2005, 14:52
Pity City,

For me the word VOLUNTARY has nothing to do with it at all.

For me the issues are as follows.

Six months ago or more, Heavy Maintenance LAME's were told two things by George Herdsic.

1 If OT Banking was to be in the EBA, that their would be consultation with those LAME's effected and that we would have consultation and input into what form it might take.

2 If OT Banking was to be in the EBA, that only those LAME's who would be effected by the changes (i.e. Heavy Maintenance LAME's), would be voting on the issue.

Only to find out now that this is it and there was and will not be any consultation on the issue and everyone is voting on it, even those not effected by the changes.

There are LAME's in Heavy Maintenance who like the idea of an OT Bank, but they do not like the form that it is in and are disapointed that they were not consulted nor able have some input. Most LAME's in Heavy Maintenance are angry that they were mislead by their elected Executive Representative.

This misleading behavior by the Elected Executive Members Gets even better though, and extends to misrepresentation.

After the bans were lifted, 'B' and 'C' Shift Delegates held information meetings, to have the DRAFT EBA read and explained. At there two meetings, resolutions to reject the document in its entirity and for the bans to be reinstated and escalated, were unanimously passed by 'C' shift and all but two (who abstained) from the 'B' shift meeting.

'A' shift also held a meeting. However, their meeting was attended by Tish (Elected Executive Representative). When asked what the other shifts thought of the DRAFT, they were told by Tish that one shift was unanimously for it and the other was 50/50. 'A' Shift did not persue their own resolution. When 'A' shift LAME's found out of this, they were angry to say the least.

George and Tish then went on to vote for the document at the following Executive Meeting to debate the issue, even though they knew that Heavy Maintenance (Who they represent and who elected them onto the Executive) were not in favour of it at all.

Heavy Maintenance are disappointed and upset that they were not consulted and angry that they have been misled and misrepresented.

These are the issues as I see them.

The word 'VOLUNTARY' has nothing to do with it at all.

Pity City
6th Jun 2005, 22:58
So basically your arguement is not with the EBA but the union. Easy fix vote for a different executive next year.

Would you have complained if the EBA had no mention of Ot Banking but had a item that only effected O/S line engineers for example.? I am not one of them, just trying to identify a minority group with in our union.

Seems like HM are saying that everyone else is selling them out but if the shoe was on the other foot I doubt they would be the same.

Why did alot of your guys move to brisbane? Maybe they could see what was happening in Sydney. Rats leaving a sinking ship!!!

If there is a way to make sure the company does not sell you all off wouldn't you try to do it rather than make the decision easier for them just to sell it off and cut costs. You all seem to be drowning in your own sorrow.

We will see in the next week or so what happens, I hope sanity prevails.

Sunfish
6th Jun 2005, 23:08
With the greatest of respect. There are "voluntary" things and there are "voluntary" things.

As in: "Would you like to buy and Anzac day badge?"

and: "I've been reviewing your performance, promotion potential, and deciding who is going on the next training course. By the way, we wonder if you would like to consider joining our overtime bank? It would help us a lot. It is voluntary of course."

Gone Sailing
7th Jun 2005, 09:39
Pity City,

I see no need to wait until next june. There is an avenue to persue now with the current vote that will be shortly underway. I will be voting 'NO' for the reasons that I have already listed on these pages and hopefully we can have another go, but this time get it right.

As I have, in all of the EBA that I have voted on. I always look into what it is that I am actually voting on and what it means for the people who are effected by it. I then vote accordingly, knowing within myself that I have made an informed decision using all of the information that was at hand.

I voted against EBA III mainly because I did not think that it was right for us to trade off the conditions of future employees of the company for our own short term financial gain. I thought then that it might create a divide in the workforce and this is what has happened. Look what we have now, two more divides in the form of OT Bank and Tail Payments.

As a whole I do not have a problem with the association. What I do have a problem with is being misinformed and misrepresented, by fellow members and representatives. I take issue with some of the things that have been written on these and other pages, as a lot of what people are saying is not correct and the common reaction is to personally attack whoever for what they might have said rather than debating the topic as is the intention of these forums.

I do not think that we are being sold out in Heavy Maintenance and I am not drowning in my sorrow nor are anyone of my work mates. I, as are many others, am frustrated with the misinformation that is being spread to other shifts, sections and departments.

I can see the need to change the way we work and to adapt the the needs of an ever changing industry, but I do not think that the companies current approach is the right one. The issues of Heavy Maintenance in Sydney should be being presented to the workforce and solutions found and implimented in that business unit, as they are with Base and the Lean-Sigma Program. Not just dumped on the department in the form of an EBA, without so much of a wisper as to the bigger plan, if there is one at all.

The fact is that the vast majority of LAMES in Heavy Maintenance are not happy with the agreement and I am simply stating why so that LAME's in the areas that are not effected by these changes can understand and make their own informed decisions.

Turbo 5B
7th Jun 2005, 11:36
That was very nicely put.

Pity City
7th Jun 2005, 22:41
I see your side Gone Sailing, it just gets me when ever you see a guy from HM at work they are constantly in my ear about how we, lames not in HM, have or are selling them out. They then tell me how I should vote.

I am glad that the ballot is an online one so that people will vote for what they want and won't be pressured by peers into voting the way other want them to as would happen in a mass meeting.

On the tail payments issue, the only ones it effects and has done so for years is the ITB guys and now a few base guys with Atlas. Where is the big deal there. Did you guys in HM get tail payments for the ANZ D checks years ago?

I see that the company is trying to break us all up but at the same time we are doing a pretty good job of it ourselves.

I think most of this is all about the age old rift between HM & Servicing. A couple of EBA's ago it was HM that voted an EBA in that benefited them without anyone else gaining. Now the shoe is on the other foot and look at all the noise it has brought up.

Remember when Avalon was set up, big blow up by lames in HM. "I will never go down there" Never see me there" were some of the quotes from quite senior lames in HM. But yet one by one they went down there and made lots of money. ****ting in your own nest would be a pretty apt description. If you guys never supported Avalon you would have been in a way stronger position now wouldn't you!! Maybe it was only a few, but those of you who did not go and stuck to your morals can look at the guys who did go and ask them why they went, Money perhaps. I bet they did not think of the long term harm they have done to HM.

Before Avalon; HM was a world class facility and now it is just a HM facility and soon it may just be an empty hanger where world class maintenance used to be performed.

So I guess decisions of past and present LAME's in HM are now affecting innocent bystanders. Remember you reap what you sow

Turbo 5B
8th Jun 2005, 05:58
Couldn't agree with you more on the AVV issue.
These benefits that were voted in by Heavy Maint. a couple of EBA's ago, what were they?
When you say that base and line got no benefit from them did they go backwards in conditions?
Also if the numbers are the same as now, the majority of members were outside of heavy maint and as such the vote would have had to have been supported by the base and line members.
Where do you stand with the concept of protecting the conditions for future members?
Any Lame that I have spoken to from outside of heavy I have simply pointed out that in heavy maintenance there is strong feeling against the document and that that may not have been relayed accurately by some of our executives during their feedback meetings to other sections of Qantas.

Pity City
8th Jun 2005, 10:29
I think that up until a few years ago the lame ratio was more to heavy maint. than it is now so that is how previous eba's were voted on.

Also I am not against protecting future lame interests, but in the same vain we have to make sure there will be lames to protect.

I see most of the points you guys are pushing but it seems the biggest one is with you elected delegates. You are fighting you so called representatives. you issue is with them not the rest of us.

CASEY JONES
8th Jun 2005, 10:56
posted 8th June 2005 10:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM

[/QUOTE] The tail payments was a request by heavy maintenance to allow for the future of heavy maintenance and probably your job.][/QUOTE]

We also wanted the EBA group to see if the QF could increase the size of the DILDO they are using to screw us with in H/m. This is about as believable as the above quote. CLARKE is not the rep for h/m lames.
You don't have a clue how much the current managment are setting back production in MEL h/m with their idiotic plans so as to be seen as earning their kpi money, it's bordering on criminal.
When it goes tits up though these morons will be gone and will get the blame if there's still a job.
? will EBA 8 have a lowering of tail payments for INTERNATIONAL line because i'm sure the H/M &DOM line lames would love to help save international line jobs if this EBA 7 gets up.
Yep its all going to plan / no division here

PINHEAD
8th Jun 2005, 13:08
TURBO 5B,
HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN,
ON PREVIUOS EBA WHEN HEAVY VOTED FOR NEW STARTERS NOT TO GET DAYSHIFT PENALTIES...WHICH ONLY AFFECTED LINE!!!!
DIDN'T AFFECT HEAVY SO WHY DID THEY CARE.......

Mr Chairman
8th Jun 2005, 14:20
The company has basically won the fight over the EBA, the EBA that they were giving us 6 months ago was for 3% and now guess what its 3% with a few useless sweeteners which means nothing for the vast majority of people. But no matter, for it will be voted in as most people are tired and want the whole thing out of the way. But we have being very badly treated by both the company and the ALAEA, 3% is a step backwards. The company will of course cite various other airlines which are in dire straits etc etc but QF is actually making money, and thats money is due to the effoerts of the people who work there.
So what do you do to compensate yourself for this very poor go backwards EBA which our beloved Association has got for us. Well do what I have being doing for the past few years, Do nothing, rest up at work, sit back and smell the roses,
for you will need your energy for your second job. Yes, you will need that second job to pay the mortage and feed the kids because fixing aircraft for QF simply dosen't pay enough any more. So when you go to work in future don;t actually do any work, say its to hard, you don't understand the manual, the tools are loss, no parts, computers are down, there are heaps of excuses which I have used for years and now are yours. So in future to compensate for our go backwards EBA, go backwards in the work department and let some one else do it.

Redstone
8th Jun 2005, 15:12
And Mr Chairman, that someone else would be.......................?

Turbo 5B
8th Jun 2005, 22:12
TURBO 5BHOW DO YOU EXPLAINON PREVIUOS EBA WHEN HEAVY VOTED FOR NEW STARTERS NOT TO GET DAYSHIFT PENALTIES...WHICH ONLY AFFECTED LINE!!!!

Pinhead, If you are talking about eba 3 where the spread of hours was reduced across the whole company, then I think you'll find that it also effects Heavy Maint employees as well. And it wasn't just voted on by Heavy Maint staff, it was voted by everyone. And it was in return for a reasonable pay rise.
At least when we sold out then we took thirty pieces of silver.(which incidentaly, that payrise is still enjoyed by the post 96 starters because it is built into their base rate unlike the 3 bonus points for eba 5 which new lames dont get)
This time there is no 30 pieces of silver in reward for selling out.
All there is is division.
And, as was the case 10 years ago if the executive recommended it it was usually accepted.
If you still have blind faith in them to recommend a package, then it is up to you to decide whether to listen to them or do a bit of research for yourself.
I suggest reading all of the eba's.

Turbo 5B
10th Jun 2005, 08:46
I think that up until a few years ago the lame ratio was more to heavy maint. than it is now so that is how previous eba's were voted on.
On what figures do you base? this on Pin Head

Gone Sailing
10th Jun 2005, 13:13
In all my time at Qantas, Heavy Maintenance LAME's have always been outnumbered by line and base.

Since the closure of line 3 and then 2, numbers in heavy have dropped away, leaving a greater ratio.

I think that we all need to look at it from a different angle.

Ever since EBA's came to be in Qantas, we have been conned to various degrees by many people at many levels. Even by those amongst us.

The company is not silly and they have had the upper hand the whole time, something that is not likely to change.

Remember the first couple, we were told 'Its a great deal, we get a pay rise and all we had to do was agree to talk about productivity improvements'.

Then once they had lured us into a false sense of security, slowly one by one they started to pick away.

EBA 3 (October 1996) I can remember being told at the mass meeting by the chair of the mass meeting, that the six o'clock start money thing was not an isssue because the company was not going to change the shifts anymore with the northern winter and there fore it was worth nothing to us anyway.

We know that the company had this man in their pocket, because shortly after he popped up fighting for the other side.

This was when I was an AME but that is how they play the game. There is one exec member, who is not very popular at all in Heavy, who is doing the same thing as we speak, what is his motivation ? maybe the opening up of the quota positions will see him go up a level and that will suit him fine when he takes the one of the redundancies that are about to be offered and his base is that little bit higher.

Nice golden handshake.

Everyone has their own reasons to vote the way that they do. The problem is that a lot of people are mislead. There needs to be better communication of the implications of any agreement that we negotiate. It needs first to be analised correctly by someone who knows what they are reading and then it needs to be explained to the members in detail, not washed over like this one was to me at my exec roadshow.

Some of the people doing the important jobs in this gig are not doing their homework, and I cannot emphasise how important homework is right now.

I hope that the current agreement is voted down so that we can sort out these issues now, but if not there is June 2006 and January 2007, to continue the fight.

We need to sort out our pile though, and quick.

The masked goatrider
10th Jun 2005, 20:58
Some of the people doing the important jobs in this gig are not doing their homework, and I cannot emphasise how important homework is right now.

I'm concerned that they are doing there homework but they just aren't handing it in.

Crystal Marina
11th Jun 2005, 07:36
Gone Sailing,

In all my time at Qantas, Heavy Maintenance LAME's have always been outnumbered by line and base.

Since the closure of line 3 and then 2, numbers in heavy have dropped away, leaving a greater ratio.

This comment is flawed because there has actually been an increase. Although line 2 & 3 were disbanded, all of the people in those areas were redeployed in line 1 or line 2 in Brisbane. Additionally there has been further employed in Brisbane. Don't forget that Heavy Maintenance covers Sydney, Bribane, Melbourne and Avalon. Avalon have also employed further people to fill the Qantas positions.

So in fact Heavy Maintenance has actually grown.

Gone Sailing
11th Jun 2005, 08:24
And Line and Base have not......

Turbo 5B
12th Jun 2005, 23:11
Crystal Marinara you've done it again.
A clear attempt to distort a simple fact.
If you weren't fronting the executive roadshows then maybe you should have, you could show them a thing or two on how to disguise the truth.
What you're saying is that there has been an increase in H/M staff levels, this is probably true. They are still outnumbered by line and base.
Therefore when H/M staff levels were lower they were still outnumbered by line and base.
It's not rocket science.

Crystal Marina
13th Jun 2005, 07:21
I was merely making a comment about this sentence.

And I am correct in what I say!:ok:

rudderless1
13th Jun 2005, 23:22
Crystal, And I am correct in what I say!. Which way are you playing the ball you goose. You tried to misinterpret Gone Sailings comment to mis lead others and were caught out! :yuk:

Turbo 5B
14th Jun 2005, 02:33
Well then Crystal, why not comment on the general point that he was making which is that Line and Base have always outnumbered Heavy Maint.

Crystal Marina
14th Jun 2005, 11:58
Turbo 5B,
I did but no one wants to hear the truth. He stated that because of the demise of line 2 and 3 that the numbers had dropped. I disagree with this point. This has not caused a drop in the numbers. But no one wants to hear this. The heavy Maintenance numbers have actually grown due to the demise of line 2 and 3.

Pull your head from the sand and smell the roses all of you.

The fact that you are overmanned in heavy maintenance is the big concern. The company can not sustain these numbers. Some of you may have to go.

You all whinge and complain about how hard done by you all are, but wait and see if they try and kick you out.

You will all whinge again.

Turbo 5B
15th Jun 2005, 01:00
CM you've just done it again.
The debate was that Line and Base have always outnumbered H/M, and as such we have never had the power to vote in conditions that Line and Base didn't want themselves.
"The numbers have grown due to the demise of line 2 & 3"
Line 3 was a demise I'll grant you that, but line 2 got "relocated".
And they are still short of manpower to open up their second line when the hangar is ready. So some of us have to go maybe, but where that is we don't know.
And if the company wasn't intent on shipping all of our f*cking D checks down to AVV to be worked on by an ALAEA endorsed and set up labour hire centre Line 1 wouldn't appear to be overstaffed.
So pull your head out of your own @rse and smell the decay that you as an executive member have created by allowing the "overflow facility" to be the main maintenance facility.( A bl00dy high class one at that ..not)
And whats more if they are going to give some of us the boot the least we can do is to increase our base level so we get a better payout.
You arrogant PR!CK.
ps You are so far removed from the truth because of the little fantasy world of assumed power that you wouldn't recognise the truth if it jumped up and bit you on your stupid big fat @rse.

Crystal Marina
15th Jun 2005, 02:52
Well well that hit a raw nerve

Bumpfoh
15th Jun 2005, 12:54
Ah Crystal,
your standard response when you obviously have been shown up and don't have anything smart to retort with!
Why don't you accept the fact that your opinion/ line of thought isn't necessarily the view of the members on the floor, inspite of what you and any other fellow exec members may think!

A good representative will LISTEN to the members. :ok:

CASEY JONES
15th Jun 2005, 14:06
CASEY JONES
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe
posted 15th June 2005 00:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASEY JONES

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:06 am Post subject:

CM
You,ve got to be paid by the EBA neg team because no one else could possibly hold down their job and generate the amount of CRAP you do at the same time on the internet sites
If we could harness your bull****ing ability JOHN HOWARDS 4.5% rise we seem a joke compared to what QF WOULD PAY US TO SHUT YOU UP

sys 4
15th Jun 2005, 19:51
CM's time is just about over anyway 12 mths is it,he's opinion doesn't really matter any more.

Turbo 5B
16th Jun 2005, 00:14
Not so much a raw nerve.
There are times when all I see from members of the executive such as yourself, is an attitude that says "we're alright where we are and qantas is looking after us"
And occasionally I think to myself "what the f&ck are these blokes on". They live under some sort of illusion that Qantas respects any area of it's workforce. Well they dont. They couldn't give a flying f&ck about our wellbeing. They are simply trying to cut costs. And we are making it easier for them to reduce their costs by reducing our wages in real terms in comparison to all the other skilled trades in the country.
And what really p!sses me off is that our elected representitives (well some of them at least with alterior motives) are actively assisting Qantas with it's agenda.
And you are one of the CHIEF OFFENDERS CRYSTAL MARINA AND WHEN YOU REVEAL YOURSELF YOURS WILL BE THE FIRST BACK AGAINST THE WALL COME THE REVOLUTION