PDA

View Full Version : Telic Medal

bird99
27th May 2005, 23:31
Some of the guys I work with are getting a bit p****d off with the amount of time they have had to wait for their TELIC medal. They are all NFU guys. Does anyone have any info on how long everyone else is waiting? I'm alright (jack) - I have mine already - but I got mine elsewhere. Any record waits for campaign medals?

k1rb5
28th May 2005, 02:09
Try two years:{

Logistics Loader
28th May 2005, 10:32
Did my NATO stint in 1993, was awarded the medal in 1998...!!

cobaltfrog
28th May 2005, 11:06
Sorry, Three weeks Flash to Bang!

Door Slider
28th May 2005, 16:15
Ten months and still waiting.
However it does give me time to save up for the extortionate price of court mounting the thing with the rest of my gongs.

BATS
28th May 2005, 16:22
Hmmm

Still waiting after 3 years for Afghanistan, 2 years for TELIC and over 3 years for GSM Air ops Iraq...... One of the many things to add to the list of reasons for my impending departure.....

Grimweasel
28th May 2005, 18:38
2007 for Afghan Medals we were told!!! Not bad considering I was there Oct 2001!!!!

k1rb5
28th May 2005, 19:04
Bet your life the bandsmen will all have theirs :uhoh:

4fitter
28th May 2005, 20:34
Still waiting for Sierra Leone (99) KFOR on the day we qualified and Telic 1- 23 months. QGJM 27 years !

Jack Stack
29th May 2005, 11:49
Mine took 2 years.

When it arrived in the post (I opted for no ceremony or pageantry), it was badly tarnished with the ribbon and clasp unattached. My GRANBY medal arrived with the ribbon attached. I don’t ask for much, apart from a decent salary, MQs, recognition of a job well done, etc, etc, but to say that I was a little disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

Note: You have to apply for your TELIC medal - because they don’t know who went!

DP Harvey
29th May 2005, 12:04
My Iraq medal didn't take too long to arrive after the DCI was issued and my application submitted along with everyone else on my sqn.

What pi$$es me off is the requirement to send in a photocopy of the relevant pages in my log book to prove my entitlement to the clasp.

Do these blunties not know that a Wg Cdr (Sqn Cdr) signs every log book (annually) to certify its entries as correct? A simple statement from the Sqn Cdr on the application that the individual did indeed complete the necessary sorties would have been enough, surely?

Green Bottle 2
29th May 2005, 12:16
I've been waiting for over 2 years now. There were a number of cock-ups courtesy of the Admin world.

DPH,

take some comfort that when JPA comes in and the blunties are cut back, there won't be enough of them to be able to do all of these pointless checks and we might be trusted a little more out of necessity.

GB2

Filthy
29th May 2005, 19:18
I believe the problem is the engraving. Unlike the Army we have only one engraver to do the entire RAF, just another cutback!!!!

weeny
29th May 2005, 23:17
Coming up for 2 years since paperwork went in...it's been on station for a few months but they won't hand it out until they manage to throw together some sort of ceremony...it is dragging on a bit now!

BackfromIraq
31st May 2005, 21:12
Wife just finished her second tour out there. Still waiting for Medal from original (and best) Telic. And she's a Pongo, so maybe they've only got 1 engraver too (or we're all sharing the same one now due to 'Leaning'). Mine arrived < 3 months after I got back.

Climebear
1st Jun 2005, 13:22
There is only one medal office now for all 3 Services run by AFPAA at Innsworth - the same Defence organization that organises your pay, pensions (at Glasgow), casualty administration and the one that will be introducing JPA and operating the call centre.

Note it is not part of either RAF TLB and certainly not part of PMA - I know that a lot of you believe that everything at Binnsworth must be PMA.

Proman
1st Jun 2005, 15:35
Still waiting...someone said all the medals offices for tri-service have been combined at Innsworth. For Afg, I was issued with a NATO medal while there, and this can be worn in place of the Queen's head while the years go by waiting for that to be issued.