PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew flying the a/c

er82
27th May 2005, 10:49
Hypothetical question - if you knew a Capt had let a member of CC get into the LHS in flight, and had taken out the A/P and let them fly it, what would you do??

Mr Chips
27th May 2005, 10:51
What would I do? Ask when it will be my turn.... sounds ok to me!

Seriously, two qualified pilots, a/c in straight and level flight, cc member with a ppl (well, you never said tehy didn't)

is there a problem here??? As long as it doesn't disrupt meal service

Biggles Flies Undone
27th May 2005, 10:52
I seem to recall a certain Airbus in Russia....... :(

topcat450
27th May 2005, 10:53
If she was fit? I don't see a problem. I assume she did the decent thing and treated the capt to a special 'massage' whilst down-route. Perhaps the FO too.

If she was a munter.. then the Capt should be shot. No excuses.

:}

er82
27th May 2005, 10:55
Seriously?!?! You'd all be fine with that??

CC in question doesn't have a PPL.

topcat450
27th May 2005, 10:57
Seriously?? Was she fit? Thats the crux of the issue as I see it.

b.borg
27th May 2005, 10:58
Well speaking hypothetically I don't see the problem...... or did you mean something else ?

Flip Flop Flyer
27th May 2005, 10:58
Can top that ... down the sandpit, far away from managements prying eyes, it's not unheard of that the onboard loadmaster takes the helm in the cruise, a/p off. Sustained rumours even has it that at least 1 L/M has landed the aircraft on a couple of occasions ...

As someone else said, with an experienced skipper in the LHS, ready to jump in should one get fecked, it's hardly dangerous. Good fun, indeed - never knew trimming a 727 for S&L flight could be so tedious.

As for the Aeroflot A310. Well, it's one thing to let you son take the helm if you're sitting next to him ready to assume control. It's something completely different to hand over controls to a 16 year old kid, then head down the back for a chat with F/O in tow.

phoenix son
27th May 2005, 11:02
topcat,

Seriously?? Was she fit? Thats the crux of the issue as I see it.

OF COURSE she was fit, 'cos as we know, ALL hosties are GORGEOUS aren't they? (Or at least they think they are...):E

topcat450
27th May 2005, 11:05
ALL hosties are GORGEOUS aren't they

Have you never flown Ryanair? :E

Mr Chips
27th May 2005, 11:05
er82 you clearly aren't happy with teh situation. Why not? Were the real pilots there? Did she land the thing? What is your beef with this???

Topcat quite agree. Rules should be "if she is fit and has finished meals"

er82
27th May 2005, 11:12
Wow. I hope I never have to fly with any of you lot then if that's your attitude!
Apart from the fact that it's completely against company policy, it's just dangerous to do it. If it was leaving the A/P in, and she just sat there while he went to the loo, fair enough. But he took out the A/P and let her fly it.
You're asking for problems if something happens. The seats aren't the easiest to get out of (and especially with her in a tight skirt she'd have difficulty doing it quickly).

I suppose I asked this in the wrong place. Asking a bunch of guys who would do pretty much anything to get inside a short skirt!;)

Mr Chips
27th May 2005, 11:14
Oh god, I'm even boring myself now...

er82 - was there a qualified pilot there? Did she do any complex moves? Why was it dangerous?????????????????

Stockpicker
27th May 2005, 11:15
Now now, it's not nice to be talking about certain prooners' cross-dressing habits, er !

Oh, sorry, did I misunderstand?? :E

phoenix son
27th May 2005, 11:19
Now now, it's not nice to be talking about certain prooners' cross-dressing habits, er !

I agree, I once spent ages trying to get into a hosties' knickers...When I finally did, they didn't even fit me...Rubbish...Dunno what all the fuss was about...:E

Oh look, the thread's been hijacked...:ooh:

cavortingcheetah
27th May 2005, 11:33
:)

Always used to throw the Foe out of his seat. Let CA fly aircraft.
Invite passengers up to cockpit and explain to them how and why Foe was actually an unecessary adornment. Change CA for passenger.
Tell Foe to retire to rear for coffee and smoke.
Bed CA and, from time to time, passenger.
Great fun. CAs are now trained to read checklists. Even less use for FOES.:E

Shaggy Sheep Driver
27th May 2005, 11:38
As for the Aeroflot A310. Well, it's one thing to let you son take the helm if you're sitting next to him ready to assume control. It's something completely different to hand over controls to a 16 year old kid, then head down the back for a chat with F/O in tow.

Wasn't quite like that. The FO was still in his seat but had it motored back IIRC. Couldn't reach the controls in time under the 'G' forces after the lad lost it.

Also, a danger of a non-flyer handling the controls in cruise is that they could input a large and inappropriate control movement with no warning to the monitoring pilot, which could overstress the airframe.

SSD

topcat450
27th May 2005, 11:46
Did we get to the bottom of if the Capt got his end away with her? C'mon er did ya shag him?

Anyway... how do you know he switched off the A/P? He probaby just turned off his reading light and said to her 'now thats the autopilot off - you can have a go flying it'

scrubed
27th May 2005, 16:46
Sounds like a case of sour grapes to my well-tuned ear.

Is it because she had better "assets" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174508) than you?

Seen it done plenty of times, myself, too..... generally most likely to happen if the chick you're trying to impress is a hostee with the mostee. At least, that's the pattern I saw forming. Sorry baby, sex sells.

Sounds like you've been upstaged, ER.

Dangerous? HAHAHAHAHAAAAA......!!!! The gov't lets her drive a car - now THAT'S dangerous!

PS:Capt had let a member of CC get into the LHS in flight, and had taken out the A/P and let them fly itDid you mean "RHS" or was the captain standing back while the chick "flew" from his seat?

If so, what exactly was he doing back there behind her??????

Yikes......

er82
27th May 2005, 17:17
Ok. First of all, I did not shag the Capt. No thanks. Not a chance. I'd rather go without for a very long time or just have to cope with my rabbit.....

Me be upstaged by her?!?! Please don't make me laugh. I couldn't give two hoots if the Capt had a thing for her (which, incidentally he does!).

And no, it was the LHS. He probably stood in the little space that is free and had a quick **** Ooo-er missus - norty word or what???? Have a severe chastisement!!

It's not sour grapes. I just can't believe that the Capt, who really should know better judging by the slightly 'managerial' post he has, would do such a thing...

Oh, and referring to what SSD said about \'they could input a large and inappropriate control movement with no warning to the monitoring pilot, which could overstress the airframe.\'

On a line-training sector, the FO offered to reach back and un-lock the door for the hosties to bring in tea. On leaning back, he managed to kick in full right rudder..... Training Capt nearly had a heart attack....

What\'s to stop some un-trained CC from doing something similar?! And how would you then explain it?!?!

cavortingcheetah
27th May 2005, 17:21
;) A little bit of turbulence as we cross the ITCZ?
that'll suffice.:p

McAero
27th May 2005, 17:29
Also, a danger of a non-flyer handling the controls in cruise is that they could input a large and inappropriate control movement with no warning to the monitoring pilot, which could overstress the airframe.

What like? A nose dive?

scrubed
27th May 2005, 17:39
Ahhhh...... the Rabbit.

A popular accessory these days, if it is to be believed. They say nothing comes close after the Rabbit. Not a matter of having to merely "cope", at all....

I found one in "someone's" drawer once. The chick didn't even bother spluttering. Apparently the benefits of the Rabbit go way past having to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

Well done... :ok:

Anyway back to the topic, I presume the capt took the back "seat" in order to then lean over, and around, her with his meaty, great captain's hairy arms and offer "guidance".

"Like this, no, more.... a little more. That's it. You're doing well. Pull a little harder... now push it that way. Try not to squeeze so tight."

:p

That's why they pay capts the big buck$. An FO would've tried to coach from his own seat. Amateur......

Relax ER.. why are you trying to take the fun out of flying???

There are too many Poindexters in aviation ruining what little sources of pleasure we have left these days. I hope you aren't angling for management......

er82
27th May 2005, 17:52
Nah, I'm not trying to take the fun out of flying. Anyone who has heard me on the radio knows that! I'm the one that can't speak properly because I'm laughing to much!

As for being ashamed about a rabbit, not all all. Very proud! But it can't do those little romantic things that some men can, nor can it give you a cuddle. But at least it doesn't stop half-way through once it's 'finished' and leave you to sort yourself out!!!

As for going towards Management?!?! No way. I'd only be there 2 da6ys before they sacked me for giving too many bundles of cash to the crew, and cancelling all weekend and early flights!
Saturdays and sundays are for visits to the pub.

I only posted this to see what kind of reaction it would get. Am quite surprised that everyone thinks it's fine. But then I guess it's just a personal opinion.

16 blades
27th May 2005, 17:53
If there is a qualified pilot strapped into the other seat, in a position to immediately take control, I can't see the problem with letting pax or backenders have a go.

Especially if she's fit.

Hell, I'd just settle for big tits.

16B

Clarence Oveur
27th May 2005, 18:03
Great! Now all we need in the cockpit is one pilot and a pair of tits. Except on longhaul flight of course, where the crew needs to reinforced by a nice ass as well.

Should keep the beancounters happy...........and the pilot.

Wholigan
27th May 2005, 18:52
I thought that a lot of people in here thought that the front end ALWAYS just had a pair of tits in it ----- one in each seat!!! :E (oh bugga - now I'll have to ban myself)

ExSimGuy
27th May 2005, 19:34
or just have to cope with my rabbit..... Maybe I'm getting old, I'll have to ask my daughter to explain that :eek: Duracell?

But seriously (can I be;) ) had more chuckles from this thread . . .

ER - I thought you were supposed to be the one "with the mostee"

But seriously (I can be:ok:) Way back in Cr***bank, my daughter, then a young teenager (just) spent several evenings drving a 747. Okay, we were at FL.1 and there were no SLF behind us, but she managed to do quite a few good approaches (yes, Popzz was beside her in the other seat "tweaking" the rudders!) And she later went on to become CC in another airline (such useful experience if both the drivers blacked out, AND it was a Classic 747 ;) AND as long as they could divert from LGW to LHR where she knew the approaches . . .)

Sure, it's not something I'd encourage (especially on flights where I was in seat 5A!), and defintely against company procedures (I can't even get a Jump Seat since 9-11 :{ ) but with another qualified and experinced pilot in the other seat, and flying S&L, hardly a terrifying situation:confused:

BTW - we are all assuming that the CC concerned was a female and the pilot was male - or maybe it was the other way round (or maybe . . . no - "JB rules of engagement" :mad: )

scrubed
27th May 2005, 19:42
Yeah pops.... your head would spin if you knew what a Rabbit can do for todays young woman. Combine one with a turkey baster and a self-driving lawn-mower and we men could be out of a job.

I believe it's the two bunny ears that really set it apart from the run-of-the-mill...

In view of the Rabbit's capabilities it's probably more a case of the Hostee with the Moistee....

Shaggy Sheep Driver
27th May 2005, 19:52
What like? A nose dive?

:rolleyes:

SSD

Astrodome
27th May 2005, 19:53
This is on the wrong site !

This is Jet Blast and you have just been Jet Blasted !

I am sure there is a more appropriate forum for this if you want a sensible debate.

MODS ?

scrubed
27th May 2005, 20:05
WOWSER ALERT, WOWSER ALERT.......

Wonk!! Wonk!!

AhrOOOOGahhh....!!

Jetblast.............sensible debate

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA.........!!!!!

PS Wholigun, others have used the word in question with gay abandon (ha) and without chastisement when aiming it at poor old scrubed. What gives......???

Double standards???

henry crun
27th May 2005, 22:02
SSD: I am told that expression is used to distinguish it from the wing dive and the tail dive.

AEUSkinner
27th May 2005, 22:36
[On a line-training sector, the FO offered to reach back and un-lock the door for the hosties to bring in tea. On leaning back, he managed to kick in full right rudder..... Training Capt nearly had a heart attack....
]

That is one complacent FO maybe? If a CC was sat in one of the seats to 'have a go' (with the AC) then He/She is not going to do something like that I would have thought.
In theory I would say not good practise but it is not like they are saying "mind the plane for us love while we go back and chat with the PAX's" so as long as one of them is in the other seat what does it matter?

Grandpa
27th May 2005, 23:57
Using them isn't against <company procedure?

Then everything is OK!

Avtrician
28th May 2005, 02:14
No problem for me, bet the other Pilot had his hand pretty close to the controls.

Might be a problem if it was a chopper tho, they are somewhat more unstable. ( I have had quite a few hrs at the controls of a chopper :- Many years ago but)

Val d'Isere
28th May 2005, 07:01
If it was me as the Captain, I'd feel much better if I stayed in the seat and the hostie sat in my lap.

"Now, wrap your fingers around it. Don't squeeze too hard, just enough to get a good grip. Use nice, slow movements. It can be very twitchy sometimes. My, my, you have a very warm...................." :E

er82
28th May 2005, 08:10
Sorry Mods for my use of a naughty word! Won't happen again!!

ExSimGuy - I am the one with the mostee! Or so I thought. But I wasn't on the flight that day, so the Capt had no comparison!

And yes, it is the rabbit's ears that mostly set it apart from others, although the rotating 'balls' inside give it that extra 'wowser' factor!

Loose rivets
28th May 2005, 09:12
The son of one of my captains, drove for a while, while his dad stood behind him. He did okay. He was 9

He was a darn sight better that the dick-weed that was put beside me one day. The training capt disappeared down the back, and this sullen [email protected] was left ‘flying' on the late stages of an approach into Munich. While I was looking up--tending to the routinely failing air system, he started pulling out of a steep decent by hauling on the pole. The A/P twanged out, and as the pos g came on he pushed like hell. Windshields full of fields and trees. 4000' The training capt didn't even bother to come to see what was going on.

I had been told that this guy had a SCPL, but what I didn't know was that he had never flown a twin before, let alone jet transport.

Whispering Giant
28th May 2005, 23:17
If she was fit - i'd let her play with my joystick anytime......;) ;) ;)

Jerricho
29th May 2005, 01:06
i'd let her play with my joystick anytime

Oh, you'd be talking about an Airbus then. Any idiot can fly one of them :E :E ;)

AntiCrash
29th May 2005, 01:16
Remember when Flying was enjoyable and even fun sometimes?

I let a sailboat captain fly our CV-440 on the way back from MYAF one day and he caught the bug. He now owns several Islanders that fly from FLL to the Bahamas.

:)