PDA

View Full Version : Maersk 767

I P freely
26th May 2005, 19:33
I saw a B767 cargo A\C in Maersk livery in EMA the other day and also in EDI, does anyone know where they go?

Are they operated by Maersk?

Regards,

smiert spionom
26th May 2005, 20:07
The company is called Star Air fully owned by Maersk group. They are doing cargo all over europe flying out of Cologne. Used to fly 727's then replaced by 757 and now also operating 767.

almost professional
27th May 2005, 16:39
normally does egph-egnx-eddk and return weeknights on behalf of UPS

UPSAirOps
29th May 2005, 15:29
Operates EGPH-EGNX-LFPG-LIME; Mon-Thurs in the PM whilst another a/c does the same route backwards in the AM. Friday is the only time it'd fly to Cologne.

Usually OYSRG one way and OYSRF the other.

almost professional
29th May 2005, 17:08
OK- friday was the last night duty I did before posting!
any news on the UPS expansion?

UPSAirOps
29th May 2005, 22:51
Heh - many apologies.

:O

Expansion wise I think it's been set back majorly. Still lots of rumours flying around - including a second Star Air 767 operating the current BBD6810 route, and possibly an increased MNG presence instead of Channex...really not too sure on that though.

I think volume's grown less quickly than everyone expected and therefore the proposed all singing, all dancing, new hub is a while off yet. Although most expect it to happen - we're probably looking more at medium term (ie.4-5 years) rather than the anticipated 2-3. Had heard something a few years ago about MD11 a/c operating from NEXT year...but as I say, volume's grown less than people had expected.