PDA

View Full Version : Salary Global Express F/O Europe?

sixfeetabove
26th May 2005, 11:59
Has anybody an idea what the approx salary is as a F/O on the GLEX in Europe and UK?:ok:

FlyMD
26th May 2005, 14:11
This kind of question comes up regularly, and there is never a satisfying answer because:

- It depends if you come rated or not

- It depends if you sign a training bond or not

- It depends what kind of on-duty/off-duty cycle you have.

- It depends on the kind of jet hours you have, and if you are upgrade-candidate within 1 our 2 years...

Finallly it depends if it's a commercial ops or private, and what your duties besides flying might be...

With all that in mind, the bracket is between 50'000USD and 90'000 USD a year.

sixfeetabove
27th May 2005, 20:24
O.K if this is not enough info here some further details:

1) I am not typerated
2) Company pays for TR
3) Bond is 2 years
4) The A/C operated under JAR-OPS 1 commercially
5) They have two crews on it
6) Base is Europe (Mainland and UK)
7) I am experienced in biz aviation with 1700h TT

FlyMD
28th May 2005, 08:44
Right... Well, if you have 2 crews, and operate something like 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off, that is a very nice deal... Typically, I would ask for a salary between 60'000 and 75000 USD... However, a lot of fringe benefit questions are at least as important:

- What kind of positioning deal before / after duty

- Loss of license insurance, pension fund?

- Per diem, flight pay?

- Hotel standard?

The market is favorable for pilots right now, especially with a few hours under your belt.. However, Europe-based jobs on a decent airplane are not yet so abundant that you can write your own ticket... So my advice would be to take the job even if salary is too low, and shop around in a year or 2...

sixfeetabove
29th May 2005, 10:14
that sounds like a good advice! Do you also fly the GLEX? It is a great aircraft!