PDA

View Full Version : European hiring

aa73
26th May 2005, 00:17
Hello all,

New to this forum, from across the big pond.

Just curious: How hard is it to get hired by easyjet, or ryanair? Is it a desirable job compared to, say, the traditional flag carriers of Europe?

I'm curious to compare the European hiring practices with our own (USA's) low cost carriers vs. major airlines.

Is there a big supply of pilots trying to get hired, and do most want to work for low cost carriers or the big flag carriers?

Greetings from the bottom of the AA seniority list,

An2
26th May 2005, 08:05
Well, at least you're on a seniority list!:rolleyes:

There are lots and lots of people in Europe standing in line for a job.
Some are even working hard in order to get one, but the majority will never succeed.
The problem on our side of the pond, is that there are very few chances to find a stepping stone that will lead to something better. It's either clubflying/-instructing for the rest of your life, or you strike gold and get to fly jets (B73 or A32).
Somewhat exagerated, I know, but not all that far from the truth.:sad:

MAX
26th May 2005, 08:42
An2,

I think you will find thats the story with most of the world.

aa 73 has probably been there, done that, just to get to the bottom of his/her list.

aa73,

Do a search as the all the info on Sleazy and Ryanscare is there somewhere.

Good luck.

MAX:cool:

Kraut
28th May 2005, 12:40
AA73

it not only the hiring process and pilots on the market. You need first the right wo work in the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY.

A second passport (european) would be helpful.

aa73
2nd Jun 2005, 15:39
Thanks for the replies folks. Sorry to hear it is as dismal there as it is here.

Yes, I am lucky to still be flying (by one number, 9714 out of 9715 total at AA).

I am not pursuing employment in Europe, just was curious how it was going over there.

So, working for Ryanair or Easyjet is not very desirable? This is what I was wondering about.... I flew on both this year and I actually was impressed with the service. Apparently not that great a deal for pilots?

Thanks,