PDA

View Full Version : Routes from CWL

bycrewlgw
25th May 2005, 23:28
hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knew of any routes which are lacking from CWL where there truely is a demand? I guess MAD, BCN, FRA, MUC, ZRH MXP are a few but does anyone know any others ? How about longhaul destinations ? Could the Cardiff catchment area sustain daily longhaul services? Any help would be great cheers!

BYCREWLGW

WATABENCH
29th May 2005, 01:47
Every route you said is covered by either BA or EZY out of BRS, CWL would be better off looking for uncovered BRS routes such as LIS, CPH or DUS.
Also BY are starting long haul services from CWL nxt year and should do very well as they'll get the uncovered long haul market of BRS.

MerchantVenturer
29th May 2005, 21:41
There is renewed speculation in other threads about Ryanair setting up at CWL, partly because CWL appears as one of the orange dots (future FR bases) on a map in one of its published growth documents.

Can someone with a knowledge of CWL please tell me whether next year's Zoom flights to Vancouver will be able under normal circumstances to fly non-stop. I believe this airline uses B 767-300s.

Many thanks for any information.

MarkD
29th May 2005, 23:58
MV - Zoom claim 10,549km range for their 763ERs and YVR-CWL is 7487km great circle so I would assume that to be yes even westbound - except that Zoom have historically routed a lot of flights through YHZ/YYC so while technically possible that doesn't mean they will do so. For instance, had a quick look at YVR-GLA, some are non stops and some stop @ YYC.