PDA

View Full Version : Champions of Europe !

Safety_Helmut
25th May 2005, 23:08
Forget the forum.

Champions of Europe.

Comments please ?:) :O :D

Safety_Helmut

Liverpool are CHAMPIONS of EUROPE

oh yes, to coin a well used phrase, "this post totally is alcohol induced", you know what i mean !

Safety_Helmut
25th May 2005, 23:14
C'mon, C'mon please, I want to see Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal praise please. You can't hide where are you ?

Safety_Helmut

nick0021
25th May 2005, 23:18
Reports now comming in claim that shortly after the match, the cup was seen being bundled into a white van outside the stadium by men in burberry caps and red football tops!

The liverpool football team was now where to be seen .....!!:D :D

Archimedes
25th May 2005, 23:30
Worry not, Nick. The cup is perfectly safe, since the van was unable to move:someone had stolen the wheels and put the vehicle up on bricks...

I'm not the greatest watcher of football , but that was pretty compelling viewing. I assume, S-H that you are a 'red'? Came to the conclusion that your chaps were going to win it after the Olympiakos [sp?] match. You weren't (with respect) the most skilled side in the competition, but probably the most determined.

rej
26th May 2005, 11:26
What a come-back. The boys did us proud. Well done.

I find it dreadful that the Champions might not be able to defend the Cup next season. Even worse is the fact that the cup tournament is open to the 2nd through 4th placed teams in the Premiership (it kind makes a mockery of calling it the Champions League).

Oh, and by the way I'm a Man U supporter (not from Manchester of course!!) so there are no sour grapes in my comments above.

Skeleton
26th May 2005, 11:48
No climb down from Uefa yet, they have confirmed this morning there is no slot available for Liverpool in next seasons Champions League. Uefa say the decision was down to the FA who decided (before Liverpool won) to stick with the top four teams being entered.

Gutting if your a Liverpool fan, and especially now the the FA are making noises Liverpool should be there.

IMHO they should be, by right, as holders.

(and im not a Liverpool fan red s*it*)

Zoom
26th May 2005, 11:56
Brilliant job, Liverpool. I hate to admit this but I was hoping that Chelsea would win the semi as felt that they would have a better chance in the final. We will never know, of course, but I am quite content to eat my words - chomp, chomp!!

ORAC
26th May 2005, 11:58
Defend it? They get to keep it. Ussmīs will be competing for a new one next year.

You wonīt have to watch, just go into the trophy room and admire the old one while the games are on. :E

Archimedes
26th May 2005, 12:48
It seems that the only person who's said that Liverpool won't be let back in is UEFA's egregious director of communications, William Gaillard (the chap who went around declaring that Chelsea were guilty of a series of heinous offences, and that they would be punished severely - *before* their disciplinary hearing only to go quite after some very expensive lawyers had words with UEFA's lawyers...).

UEFA have yet to meet to discuss this, and TNS, the Welsh champions, have offered to play Liverpool for the right to enter the qualifying rounds, thus offering a straw for UEFA to grasp (and the opportunity for the largest gate receipts in TNS's history if the plan is accepted).