PDA

View Full Version : Brianair?

newswatcher
12th Jun 2001, 19:38
OTT, or what?

"The employers of one Big Brother contestant today made it clear who they were backing to win the Channel 4 show.

Budget airline Ryanair launched a newly-painted plane emblazoned with the words Good Luck Brian in Big Brother, in support of its own housemate, air steward Brian Dowling.

The Boeing 737-800 was unveiled at Stansted Airport, complete with the show's emblem - an open eye - also painted on its side. Brian, who is 23 tomorrow, has worked for the airline for three years.

Ryanair director of operations Dave O'Brien said: "We are all behind Brian, he has been with us for a long time and is a valuable member of the operation. Everyone is rooting for Brian, not just us, but half the country it seems."

Christine Buchanan, 20, a fellow flight attendant, who works alongside Brian, said she believed he stood a good chance of winning. "He is the right personality for it. I hope he goes all the way. Every day with Brian you get a bit of a drama" she said.

She went on to reveal Brian's most embarrassing moment at work - a woman passenger pulled down her underwear in front of 200 other passengers. Miss Buchanan said: "Brian had never seen one of 'those' before in his life. He went white as a sheet. He got off the plane and took the rest of the day off."

The plane will fly from Stansted to European destinations, and will keep its new insignia for as long as Brian stays in the Big Brother house."

Bono Vox
13th Jun 2001, 03:05
"I hope he goes all the way".

I'll bet that's what Josh thinks too........

expedite_climb
13th Jun 2001, 03:31
A prize to the first with a photo !

maxalt
20th Jun 2001, 02:52
The little ***** was reported on Irish radio as having said on last nights show that he often spits into the food/drinks of 'nasty' passengers!!

How's that 'sposed to sit with the new colour scheme?! I don't consider this to be very good publicity anymore!

Mick better take charge fast.

I hope we fire the little tosser as soon as he's turfed out of the house.

[This message has been edited by maxalt (edited 19 June 2001).]

blogg
22nd Jun 2001, 16:58
What a tasteful airline. What a tasteful person, Brian appears to be. Guess they suit each other. Goes along with the Ryanair Brussels advert of "Pissed off with Sabena fares". Clearly more excellent tasteful publicity.

Personally I think MOL & his little bunch of "yes" men have lost the plot. There is too much 'Empire Building' going on to try and make a mark, and they are taking an excelent formula and screwing the A**e out of it. On line morale is so bad I wouldn't be surprised if someone slashed their wrists whilst at the controls. Things inside are almost as tasteful outside...

God, Im proud to be part of this great organisation. Yes, I know I can leave...Don't kid yourself that I am not looking for something better...

Trislander
22nd Jun 2001, 19:05
First with a photo?

Like this you mean?

http://www.ryanair.ie/images/bbplane.jpg

There you go!

------------------
http://www.aurigny.com/images.gb%20/trislander.jpg
"Ayline 221 airbourne"

[This message has been edited by Trislander (edited 25 June 2001).]

newswatcher
27th Jun 2001, 14:54
...or this?:

http://justplanes.net/images/welcome498.jpg

flugpants
27th Jun 2001, 15:56
So what exactly do they mean by the whole company is behind him??? Bet he loves that!!!

Big Red ' L '
27th Jun 2001, 16:15
And this.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Everyone is rooting for Brian, not just us, but half the country it seems." </font>

:)

euroboy
29th Jun 2001, 10:06
A 737 with 200 paxs on?!!!!!!!

OK it was a story.......

Brian is only popular because of the "cute" looks and has the teen girls fancing the pants off him, while the gay vote fancies him and or feels it would be good if a gay guy wins. His personality is vile.... Show off, Know all, likes it all this way, sulky. I bet some crew hope he wins, can you imagine what he would be like to work with after this.......

Yuk the throught...........

:rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 29 June 2001).]

expedite_climb
29th Jun 2001, 12:25
I'm sure the other day I heard him say that he's not sure if he is going back to work (for them).

Oh dear.

Crash Barrier
29th Jun 2001, 17:20
Pity the poor 'straight' stewards in the airlines that have their jobs devalued and undermined by the likes of that t*sser on Big Brother. It is no wonder the Pax have little or no respect for Cabin Crew anymore.

Jeffrey Archers Friend
29th Jun 2001, 19:04
Crash barrier - good posting. So true.

euroboy
29th Jun 2001, 19:09
He is the type of cabin crew which causes me embarrassement and annoys me. He is so arrogant, with the know all attitude. I would love to show him up......

Ive worked as cabin crew 14 years and held positions as No1 SEP secruity trainer to now main crew. Never know it all, always changes learn new methods and can not help wonder if he knows who at the end of the day he can or will remember who is the guy or gal responsible for the flight and aircraft.

Oh how pleased I don`t work for Ryanair at STN!

flypastpastfast
29th Jun 2001, 23:18
to the last few posts,

What a sad, bitter, vitriolic, jealous bunch of gits.

I am sure all of the people in big brother are pleased they don't work with any of you.

Brian may not be liked by everyone in the aviation industry, and I'm sure he already knows that, but at least he has the balls to take part - more so I might add than any of you (those who are whinging) sad people.

Life is for living, let him get on with it. If you can do better, go ahead.

blogg
30th Jun 2001, 00:12
Dear flypastpastfast

I hope Brian spits in your food next

euroboy
30th Jun 2001, 01:02
....and someone been reading the Dictionary!

:) :)

I`m just expressing my opinion freedom of speech and all that..............

just like your entitled to your opinions.

MarkD
3rd Jul 2001, 12:59
With Stelios having his own show and FR's Big Brother publicity, maybe EI should try and get someone on the Weakest Link!

euroboy
5th Jul 2001, 11:47
Although Brian is a pain the butt (no pun intended) RyanAir have donated £2000 to NSPCC for the 1st 2 weeks Brian has been in the house. They will give £1000 for every additional week Brian stays in the house.
So some good come has out of this.

:)

------------------
Warning:This cape does not enable the wearer to fly.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 05 July 2001).]

JB007
5th Jul 2001, 12:23
Did you know Ryanair were actually going to fire him if he went and did this Big Brother thing as his time off was not approved...

It wasn't until he mentioned Ryanair a few times on the programme that the PR boys realised 1) Potential advertising and 2) The bad PR if they did fire him !!!!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/Planeattitude.gif

------------------
I've Got Bad Attitude!

Ballast
5th Jul 2001, 13:28
So will they do a flypast (approach to London City?) so Brian can read the message on the aircraft?

euroboy
5th Jul 2001, 14:05
Interesting....

On the Boy Brother website there is an audition tape of each contestant. Brian`s shows him on board an aircraft admit no paxs in his uniform putting doors in automatic and being interviewed for the series.

However bad this programme is its given RyanAir some advertising...in a much more positive and charmed way than for EasyJet`s TV programme.

------------------
Warning:This cape does not enable the wearer to fly.
_ _____________________ _
Warning label on a Superman costume.

ducksoup
7th Jul 2001, 22:51
If this dreadful person has indeed confessed or bragged of spitting in passengers drinks or food on Irish radio,surely his employers not only could but should immediately dispense with the dirty little tow rag.
We have all heard of this disgusting practice over the years and we should ALL shop anyone we know of or see so that we can rid our industry of this filth.

noddy
10th Jul 2001, 17:55
Brian is actually a really nice guy to know and to work with ....never a dull moment. As for the food spitting incident if you ever saw the size of a £4 ryanair sandwich you would realise there is nowhere to spit ....boasting and bravado if you ask me ...let's hope he wins and he never has to work for the ryans or anybody elese in aviation again.

Trislander
11th Jul 2001, 14:43
Not very likely-
£70,000 doesn't get you very far these days. Certainly not enough to retire at 23!!
Tri

Crackle
11th Jul 2001, 18:19
What's the odds on Stelios offering Brian a job with EZY on the side of one of his a/c?! No such thing as bad publicity.

TRANSFIXT
12th Jul 2001, 01:12
CAN INDEED CFM THAT BRIAN WAS TOLD THAT IF HE WAS IN "THE HOUSE" FOR LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS HE COULD KISS HIS JOB GOODBYE!! TYPICAL FR ALL OVER, THEY WILL NEVER REALISE THEY HAVE SOMETHING GOOD GOING FOR THEM IF IT CRAPPED IN THEIR GOBS!!
TRUST D.OB TO TRY AND MAKE AMENDS AND LOOK LIKE MR NICE GUY!!
ANYHOW GOOD LUCK BRIAN, YOU DESERVE TO WIN. ;)

Manflex55
28th Jul 2001, 02:09
Now that he's won £70,000, he might consider getting a pilot's licence...

BTB
28th Jul 2001, 03:32
Would you want him flying your mother??

Manflex55
28th Jul 2001, 12:22
:D probably not !