PDA

View Full Version : We've had the LHR,LTN soaps,now it's STN's turn!

Oshkosh George
25th May 2005, 22:35
From the Essex Evening Gazette

Stansted: Beeb's new holiday show focuses on airport

Stansted Airport is to be the focus of a new prime-time television programme.

The BBC show, called Departure Lounge, will be shown on screens from July and if it proves a hit, could takeover BBC's travel show, Holiday, which has been running for 36 years.

The hour-long programme will focus on tourists travelling on a budget along with news, travel tips to get the best holiday and information about holiday dangers.

It will be screened on Friday nights, in the old Top of the Pops slot, and will be hosted by Nick Knowles, who currently presents the BBC's DIY SOS show. He will co-host with CBBC presenter Angellica Bell and newspaper travel editor Simon Calder.

ebenezer
29th May 2005, 08:21
Since when does the BAA or Rural Essex International Airport need additional publicity?

And as for watching yet another travel programme involving overly-enthusiastic 'knowledgable' TV presenters telling idiots things they should already know ("Remember to pack your passport in your hand luggage...", "Don't forget to take your sunblock cream...", "They speak Spanish in Spain...") - who needs it?

Co-hosting with CBBC presenter Angellica Bell? That just about sums it up.

Thanks for your posting Oshkosh - I'll make sure I miss it!!

:yuk:

Oshkosh George
29th May 2005, 21:46
And I'm not disagreeing with you. All we need now is an 'Airline' type programme on the start up of Alpha 1!

Eurekadelta
3rd Jun 2005, 14:35
And I'm not disagreeing with you. All we need now is an 'Airline' type programme on the start up of Alpha 1!

Now that would be a short programme!

:}