PDA

View Full Version : Best seats PE on BY 767 (300)

Holdposition
25th May 2005, 20:42
Doing Man-Cun on By in november, have got premium seats and wonder if anyone can recommend which are good-bad-and very bad seats to have. Looking at 2A/B seem ok apart from looks like bulkhead in front, maybe 5A/B one go for as seems no one behind so maybe an inch or two to recline. Appreciate any views/help given, thanks

pamann
27th May 2005, 19:04
I would suggest that if you are looking for particular seats in Premium that you pre-book these from the call centre at Luton. I believe that they charge £10 plus per seat for this service. From experience I would do this as the layout is 2-3-2 in Premium and is not uncommon for say; 2E & 3E to be allocated to a couple, which makes for unhappy passengers.
I wouldn't recommend 2A/B because you'll be within 3 feet of the gash bag (rubbish bag) as the galley is smaller than anything I've ever known, so the front left door has become it's home.
All the seats recline exactly the same in Premium and behind row 5 is of course economy so don't expect it to recline here any more. Also because the premium seats stick out here, the trolley often gets rammed into the back of the seat and the curtain devider often ends up hanging over you or in your face.
My recommendation would be go for left side 2A/B, 3A/B, 4A/B or right side 3G/H, 4G/H (2A is allocated to the spare flightdeck member as a rest area that ThomsonFly carry on this route due to flying hous).
Hope that this gives you some inside/first hand knowledge of Premium, but do definately get onto Luton to pre-book those seats, check-in have nothing to do with allocation of seats anymore!

Holdposition
28th May 2005, 08:57
pamann, thankyou very much indeed, that is just the sort of info was looking for, thanks a big help. As matter of fact did speak to the call centre last night (no idea if it was luton) and was told they would do allocation starting July, so will get my 2pence worth in then, cheers.