PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

SAMIR786
25th May 2005, 17:45
Hi Guys

I recently applied to the CAA for my initial PPL and R/T licence.

However, it turns out that after 3 weeks, they mistakenly sent it to the wrong person!

The guy who received them very kindly called me to let me know.

Should I take this matter further with the CAA and try and get some sort of compensation i.e. refund of application fees?

Cheers!

:*

FlyingForFun
26th May 2005, 09:12
It never harms to write a letter expressing your feelings, but don't make it seem like you're out to get money out of them, because no one likes to feel that people are out to get money out of them, and in general the CAA are probably not the best people to make enemies from.

What you should do if you haven't done so already, though, is write to the person who received your license and was kind enough to contact you to clear the matter up. He certainly didn't need to do that, and thanking him is probably a far more productive thing to do than moaning. Making friends is always better than making enemies, and the amount of money you might be able to get is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

FFF
---------------

Blinkz
26th May 2005, 09:25
This happen to me with my medical. The CAA sent it to a guy in ireland, who was kind enough to forward it to me. Altho by that point I had got the CAA to re-issue the medical.

Like has been said just leave it, theres no point shouting at the CAA and you don't want to get on the wrong side of them.

Papa Owfa
27th May 2005, 00:54
Hi Samir

I'd leave it be if I were you. Genuine mistake that could happen to any of us. And besides, you never know when you'll need the support of the CAA - I don't think you'd be the life and soul of the party there if you started looking for refunds.

Papa Owfa.......we now tahning quartah mile final!

Damienmk
29th May 2005, 14:23
I had a similar thing happen and wrote a polite letter of complaint to the CAA. Ever since then I have always had problems no matter how small the query. I can't help but think the two are linked!!