PDA

View Full Version : CHC or Bond Interview

debasser
25th May 2005, 15:38
Could anyone tell me what I might expect in an interview with CHC or Bond for a co-pilot position?
Cheers

TheFlyingSquirrel
25th May 2005, 15:52
They might send you to the stores for a long weight !

332mistress
25th May 2005, 16:17
DB

What is your experience level? This will influence the interview.

332M

NorthSeaTiger
25th May 2005, 22:46
Long weight ??, you mean long stand, basically do you drive an AS332l/AS332L2 ?? for how long ?? are you prepared to be shafted ?? welcome to the north sea operations in Aberdeen

debasser
28th May 2005, 13:36
Got about 550 hours mostly in single engine piston. I have a CPL and an Instructors rating.
I take it there are very few jobs up there at the moment?

Plastic Batwings
28th May 2005, 16:31
In an attempt to reduce the costly amount of new pilots being canned during initial training, CHC have very recently introduced a pretty severe interview process.

This would appear to be an entertaining 2 days of Norwegian hospitality comprising several interview panels, psyche tests, written problem solving and a sim ride.

Whoa, scarey stuff! However, in order to avoid mass redundancies it's understood there'lll be no retrospective testing of current crews!

fluffy5
29th May 2005, 11:37
I heard intial interview in aberdeen,if you not atpl or got an I.r don't bother from chc that is .bond on the other hand if your face fits and you are prepared to be a serious team player with unfaultering loyalty to the company then pack your bags.:}

chopperman
29th May 2005, 15:14
bond on the other hand if your face fits and you are prepared to be a serious team player with unfaultering loyalty to the company then pack your bags

Er, you mean 'bend over and brace youself'?

Chopperman.

jbrereton
30th May 2005, 16:36
See we still have some cynics on the North Sea. Must be the pay cheques weighing you down.

Just go to the interview and answer the questions honestly. Do not try to second guess.

Ignore the bitter and twisted amongst them.

bondu
30th May 2005, 21:21
Hey jb, you were one of those cynics once!!!

bondu:rolleyes:

Wizzard
31st May 2005, 10:27
Not just a cynic but a Prince among cynics!:O

take care JB

Wiz

jbrereton
31st May 2005, 10:44
Sounds like a slur on my character.

You should not put off the young lads coming into the industry.

They may think that North Sea pilots are a miserable bunch.

You just work very hard, get tired and that is when the cynicism comes in.

I know you are not really like that!

Remember, I fixed alot of things to make life just that little bit easier for us all.

Chin up its nearly Winter.

JB