PDA

View Full Version : Swiss regional fleet plans

AirLCY
25th May 2005, 13:08
SWISS is considering axing its 50 seat aircraft and using BAE Systems Avro RJs as a stop gap ahead of acquiring Embraer 190/195s. SWISS’s regional fleet currently consists of four Avro RJ85s, 15 Avro RJ100s, nine Embraer ERJ-145s and seven Saab 2000s. The carrier is considering phasing out the Saabs and replacing the Embraer’s with an unnamed number of Avro RJs, while it awaits delivery of Embraer 170s and 190s.

Anyone know where they're likely to get the ARJ's from, will they be the ones Flybe were planning to get?

mmeteesside
25th May 2005, 15:51
Getting rid of the Saab 2000's..........Eastern will be happy ;) I think they should at least hang on to the E145's, for the thinner routes, the ARJ's will be too big

mmeteesside

B1/B2
26th May 2005, 14:02
Either ....

The newest RJ's that Turkish had or (and probably the more probable option) 5 RJ's from BACX ... Theres even rumors of a swap deal ... I agree, keep the 145's, a cracking little aircraft and you'll struggle to find any in better condition, their a credit to the crews and the technical departments, a very reliable pocket rocket.

Ciao, ciao

Richard Taylor
26th May 2005, 14:39
Will Eastern lease in these Saabs or purchase them "on the cheap"? ;)

Either way,good luck to them if they do :ok:

Would agree the ERJ must be a better bet than the Avros for Swiss?

10 DME ARC
26th May 2005, 14:46
Could do a deal with SN as some of their routes are two small for the RJ85's!!

Robert Vesco
27th May 2005, 16:40
It looks like the ex-Crossair pilots, with their backs against the wall, are getting ready for a last and desperate move: STRIKE! (http://www.tq3.be/ca/bq/ksp/) :}

Will S.w.i.s.s. go the same way as Sabena?