PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Australian Group Interviews

I Just Want To Fly
25th May 2005, 12:50
Just got an email from QF Link for Group interviews for Eastern Australian. 31st May. Anyone else get it?

funbus_flighty
26th May 2005, 08:20
What city you in I Just Want To Fly? I applied to Melbourne base but not heard anything yet. Good luck by the way, go to the group interview and have fun. :ok:

ciao
fun_bus

I Just Want To Fly
26th May 2005, 11:51
The email didn't say what base, but I live in Sydney.

It would seem that I am cursed. I cant go!!!!!!!!!!

I'll lose my job if I take that day off. I'm not goig into it all, but it's a pretty important day!!!

imaflighty
28th May 2005, 02:56
"ill lose my job if i take that day off"

Do you want to fly? Do you live and breath it, waiting for an interview? Cause most people on here do...most would have cleaned toilets for a job if they had to, just for the chance of a call so if this is what you truly want then GO.
Its an incredible job, dont miss your chance if it's what you want to do because this chance doesn't come around every day:)

I Just Want To Fly
28th May 2005, 08:29
I do live and breath it, that is all I want to do, and the more I think about it the stronger by resolve becomes...

But I have a very good job now, and a mortgage, and can't afford to lose my job over the chance for an interview, be it a tiny regional airline or QF L/H. On any other day I would be there without even thinking twice.

easternboy
28th May 2005, 09:00
Firstly if you have a mortgage maybe you should rethink Eastern anyway. Secondly, just call them and ask for a different date, unlike Qantas the management team at Eastern are contactable and you will find more than willing to slot you into another day.

EAAFA
29th May 2005, 02:07
Easternboy is spot on. If you have a mortgage, Eastern may not be your best choice of employer...

You need to be realistic about what this job is like. A lot of people leave soon after starting with a regional airline because they have the wrong expectations.

The work can be very tiring, we don't fly to glamorous destinations and working as a solo flight attendant or as part of a 2 member crew isn't for everyone.