PDA

View Full Version : Getting a TRI on the 604

Lear35pilot
25th May 2005, 06:55
Hi!

I am trying to get my JAR TRI on the CL604 and was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help. I have contacted a number of training organizations (in the UK) but none seem able to help, as it is not an airliner (i.e. 737, A320, etc.).

I know that there are TRI's and TRE's out there. How did you go about getting your rating? The problem seems to be the type specific course, which you need a simulator for. I'll be heading for my recurrent in Montreal soon and thought that if I had the theoretical part completed then I could do the practical (3 hours) there.

I believe that I can take the core course at any school since it is not type specific.

Any information would be most appreciated as I am getting nowhere at the moment.

Thanks,

LJ

Lear35pilot
1st Jun 2005, 17:41
No one with any ideas? Please please please...I'm getting desperate!!!

TheOtherSide
1st Jun 2005, 18:28
I would try Twinjet know they took one on. If not GAMA At Farnborough may be another good start.

FLEXJET
1st Jun 2005, 20:14
Try Rega in Zurich, they have 3 CL604 TREs, one for each aircraft!

Lear35pilot
2nd Jun 2005, 07:51
Thanks guys! I shall try and contact them to see how one would go about obtaining the TRI.

Much appreciated! :)

LJ

skibeagle
2nd Jun 2005, 08:18
Whatever you do, don't bother trying to get anything out of the UK CAA, they are a pain in the @rse - as usual. I gave up trying to get a CAA TRI rating on the 604. Sorry to be so negative, try the Portuguese authority, they seem to be user friendly, or if you have connections in the Swiss authority, you could probably get one for asking, just as certain others have done.... wow those grapes taste sour !

wondering
3rd Jun 2005, 08:59
Sorry for hijacking. Just wondering are the Callenger 604 and CRJ on the same type rating?

specialbrew
3rd Jun 2005, 11:32
No............ it is not.