PDA

View Full Version : Work in Africa

aussie.pilot..
25th May 2005, 04:40
As the name suggests I am a pilot in Australia

I have over 2000 hours (mostly command), over 500 hours multi command and an Australian ATPL.

I know almost nothing about aviation in Africa. Is this experience enough to get me into a turbine? Is it easy enough to convert my Australian to an African licence?

Some names of companies if possible :)

Solid Rust Twotter
25th May 2005, 05:27
Shouldn't be a problem getting onto a turbine but you'll have to compete with a herd of local guys and the regulations are being tightened a bit.

Check out this forum for more info or just do a search.

poorwanderingwun
25th May 2005, 05:55
You could try AirServ... US NGO based near Washington....
K 200's / Twotters / C208's .... try www.airserv.org it can be a bit longwinded but tenacity will pay off..... on the face of it the money sounds pretty poor but take into account no tax / living costs mostly paid for ... you should be able to bank 90% of the salary... the rest will be spent on beer.... :ok:

aussie.pilot..
25th May 2005, 13:09
Thanks guys.

I have done a search and keep running into a dead end.......on the internet anyway. I am finding it difficult to search the internet because mainly I don't know where to look or what to look for I guess.

Some leads of where to look or what to look for if possible.

Cheers :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
25th May 2005, 13:33
Read back on this forum. Search this forum using the "search" function with the addition of key words that reflect your interest. You'll find a number of links to contract companies.

Meantime, try NAC, King Air Services. Airserv, Solenta, Balmoral, Airquarius, Naturelink.

birdlady
25th May 2005, 13:48
Hi Aussie

Try doing a search on here for maun, botswana. But just keep one thing in mind, its virtually impossible to get a work permit here. Ive been living here for almost 8 years and am still trying. Another good site to try is www.avcom.co.za Its a forum specifically designed for S.african pilots.