PDA

View Full Version : FIA Formula survey

innuendo
25th May 2005, 04:34
Hope I am not repeating something already covered, (been away for a few days). The FIA would like to know what you think of Formula 1 and have a survey on line.
http://www.fia-amd-survey2005.com/Survey.aspx

You have to fill in name and E-Mail addy and they are drawing for five (?) laptops from those participating.
They do ask about re-introducing tyre changes but do not directly ask about the two race engine rule which I would like to have commented on.

poorwanderingwun
25th May 2005, 05:45
Interesting the way the questionair carefully avoided the subject of advertizeing when referring to the quality of TV coverage ..

Can you imagine the public outcry if advertizeing was introduced into the coverage football ? And isn't it somewhat incongrous that F1 which represents the very pinnacle of technology in so many disciplines ( computor software / aerodynamics / engine + tyre development / telemetry etc ) should be so heavily dependant on a dirty, addictive weed more associated with darts matches and pool halls ? Surely sponsorship should be more forthcoming from the technology dependant industries....

The move by Bernie E of taking F1 into China and other parts of the far-east is nothing but a cynical attempt to attract a few million more enthusiasts that live in countries having litttle or no restriction on tobacco advertizeing thus attracting more tobacco sponsorship and ultimately even more money into his multi-billion pound bank account.....

B Fraser
25th May 2005, 11:44
It's ironic that as soon as the cars start smoking, the engines develop a cough and then expire shortly afterwards :rolleyes:

poorwanderingwun
25th May 2005, 16:36
Spot on Fraser....That's the link I've been overlooking ....

If only cigarette smoke smelt like Castrol R ... anyone else out there remember putting Castrol R into the sump for our weekend sprints and club races.. ?

B Fraser
25th May 2005, 17:15
Thanks Poorwanderingwun, I was feeling rather pleased with that reply :p

Does anyone recall Durex sponsoring a car in the 1970's which the directors refused to show ? I think one actually did get a puncture :uhoh:

Monaco at the weekend wasn't bad as there was some really aggressive overtaking.

WG774
25th May 2005, 19:36
The legendary John Surtees received a request from the BBC to remove the Durex decals on his car, for the "Race of Champions" at Brands in '76. If you have Murray Walker's biog it's mentioned in there.

I seem to remember a Lady sportscar driver in the '80s also being sponsored by Durex.

Durex have sponsored a few cars over the years - including, IIRC, Alan Jones's car.

Try a Google on "Durex Surtees" or "Durex Lola racing" for more info.

For some reason, even with cookies turned on, I couldn't complete the survey... I would've chosen "snore" for every answer so I guess it was for the best...

AeroSpark
26th May 2005, 20:20
If only cigarette smoke smelt like Castrol R ... anyone else out there remember putting Castrol R into the sump for our weekend sprints and club races.. ?

I get a good whiff every week at Poole speedway;) Fantastic stuff:ok:

Heliport
28th May 2005, 07:30
F1 fans wondering what to put in the survey ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41173000/jpg/_41173985_onlookers300.jpg

cyclicmicky
28th May 2005, 09:13
Went to the TT races last year, the smell on the classic day was quite evocative, brought back all sorts of memories...brilliant!!!
CM