PDA

View Full Version : GF accomodation-cabin crew v. flight deck

Joe Monsoon
24th May 2005, 21:26
Has anybody noticed that the cabin crew's & chef's accomodation has been noticably upgraded recently & us guys are still trying to find shacks that we can afford. Don't get wrong I am happy for all the guys & girls who work behind us but isn't it time that the big boys upstairs in wing 'c' start trying to improve out lives. I recently saw some c/crew & chefs accomodation & these boys & girls have satellite tv, internet, coffeee machines, gyms, swimming pools, jacuzi, steam room, sauna, flat screen tvs & fitted kitchens. So can somebody please tell me where a single F/0 with Bd250 or single Capt with Bd300 or married F/o Bd350 or married Capt Bd450 can this kind of housing?(1Bd=Us0.377)
I challenge anyone (especially our esteemed managers) to find me accomodation with the same facilities without exceeding my generous housing allowance.(I reckon that the c/crew & chef's flat go for around Bd600-800).
I also know that our friends who fly for the Bahrain Defense Force, flying a BAC146 get (as capt) BD1000.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Soft Altitude
25th May 2005, 03:41
Bear in mind that the company provides one flat for two or even three CCs, thus the accomodation price necessarily comes down.
As far as the comfort is concerned, I could not agree more with you, an extremely restricted choice of flats with restricted or inexistent facilities is offered for occupation for the company's pilots. That should change, GF should do more on that front.

vfenext
25th May 2005, 13:20
Sadly not been in any cabin crew accomodation lately, maybe now I have an excuse!!!

scanscanscan
26th May 2005, 09:19
Male Flight deck hardly look as attractive as the female cabin crew or come as technically equipped.
No local Arab would wish to visit them if they lived in a hovel.
I thought of my flight deck hovel as insurance!!
Lucky to have got it after 3.5years in a hotel room waiting for my bachelor points to strike it rich in the efficient houseing dept.

zagloud
3rd Jun 2005, 13:05
And if you are CC not living in GF accom you receive BD80..... I asked housing dept the reason for such a low amount when the cost of these new luxurious flats was obviously so much hihger... the answer... Management wants crew to be in company accomodation so that they can be more closely monitored.
Its better to take the money and pay from your pocket and at least maintain some degree of privacy.

in limbo
4th Jun 2005, 12:54
Would anyone care to comment on what housing is provided for the front end crews?
If you don't use their housing will they provide some money for other accommodations?;)