PDA

View Full Version : Emirates City

Payscale
24th May 2005, 19:06
So what are all these rumours about 1000 villas being built in the desert for EK pilots? Rent is too high even for EK...10% is not enough, but it helps!

Next time you drive on Emirates Road, just around the Al Ain intersection, you will see them being built. It does make financial sense though. Rents have increased 26% over the last year.

Austin Holed
25th May 2005, 04:11
Well... I like my villa, just had the inside painted, got the garden looking great, moved the kids to a closer school, yep, looks like we'll be moving.:{

typhoonpilot
25th May 2005, 04:15
Well... I like my villa, just had the inside painted, got the garden looking great, moved the kids to a closer school, yep, looks like we'll be moving.

Not necessarily, 1000 Villas would only cover a couple of years worth of new pilots, management, and whoever else rates a villa. My bet is that it is for future growth, not as replacements.

TP

Payscale
25th May 2005, 05:55
TP

My guess is that when expensive leases expire, the tenants will be offered to move or pay the excess. Thats already happening today. Just a thought.
Anyway I am sure they are nice villas. Next door to Dubai Land

BigGeordie
25th May 2005, 10:33
They will probably be for new growth at first but once the company realises how much money and hassle it can save there will be pressure on others to take one. Think how much easier it makes transport (for example) if everybody is in the same place. As has already been pointed out, the company has already started getting people out of their expensive villas near the beach...