PDA

View Full Version : Jet Appreciation - share time

mark twain
24th May 2005, 13:53
I want to do some time on a full motion sim to prepare for any airline sim rides. I have been advised that this would be a good idea and some experience handling a jet would make sense.

Jetlinx have quoted £1,600 for a four hour slot - is anybody interested in sharing the cost and time.

I am flexable with times.

Please pm me if interested.

Mark

FLYbyWIT
24th May 2005, 14:18
To be fair to you I would suggest shopping around a little more, thats way to pricey. And dont do a 4 hr session in one blow.

GARDENER
24th May 2005, 14:36
Too pricey for a modern jet sim?.....convince me!

FLYbyWIT
24th May 2005, 19:59
Nah, that would be to easy for ya.

TRISTAR1
19th Jun 2005, 22:39
I can offer you full motion jet sim time at £160 per hour incl.

ssschmokin1
20th Jun 2005, 08:13
Mark

You may be wasting money if you hire a shiny new type sim - many airlines chuck you into an old analogue type to see how your scan works, rather than your efis stare! And it probably costs them less to test you this way too rather than tying up their precious sims......

witness, off the top of my head, BA using the old 1-11 and FR using the 737-200....

if you go to an old tristar or 727 sim you will learn all about inertia, anticipation and holding a precise flight attitude, which I'm trying to do myself on my current type course!

cheers

schmo

silverknapper
20th Jun 2005, 08:30
If you're desperate to learn more on jets then do a JOC course.
The price you quote is probably what a modern airline sim costs, but it is debatable whether or not you would benefit from this. Personally I'm not sure you would. At a sim ride, the employers are looking for good basic skills, and an idea of how quickly you learn and improve. If you go in on top form then they will still be looking for improvements! That £1600 would IMHO be better spent on a less modern sim as everyone says above. Far more hours, and more time to learn the basics well.

ihatecbs
20th Jun 2005, 19:42
mate, have a look at the guys in bournmouth, they have a 727 and tristar at much cheaper prices, it's all you really need. actually 1600 for 4 hours does not sound to bad, but you'd be nuts to do it one session. i think igano (or something like that) quote about 900 an hour w/instructor.