PDA

View Full Version : Win XP Start/Programs

Maxflyer
24th May 2005, 12:15
I am using XP Pro SP2. I have recently added a few new programs to my pc that has taken the START/PROGRAMS into two columns, but the very bottom seems to disappear below the quick launch toolbar. Can I change this?

Thanks in advance.

spannersatcx
24th May 2005, 18:10
Not sure, however what I do to avoid the clutter with so many programs is to make a generic folder, i.e. Games, Utilities, Microsoft, etc etc. Into these folders I put, games, utilities etc. So instead of having say 20 folders for games there is now 1 and in there are all the game folders. Works for me anyway.

fritzi
25th May 2005, 07:59
First off, all the names I have listed below may not be the exact same in the english version of XP because I translated from the swedish version.

Start / Settings / Statusbar and Startmenu / Startmenu tab at the top/ Choose the classical setting and click the button next to it /

/Find the scroll area which reads something like "Advanced settings for Start Menu"

/Tick the box which should say something like "Roll program menu"

Now you should be able to scroll through all programs on your start menu by clicking on the arrows at the top/bottom.

Maxflyer
25th May 2005, 13:01
Thanks folks - all sorted.