PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen 'LOST'?

aidanf
24th May 2005, 06:45
I don't believe this show has made it to the UK yet, but the advance marketing screamed that it was the number 1 show in the US, Oz, Mars, etc. It's about a plane crash on some tropical island where the survivors not only have to deal with the aftermath of the crash but also some nasty 'thingies' in the big bad jungle. Of course being TV the plane didn't bother using a transponder so nobody in the outside world knows where they are.

I saw the first 2 episodes last night here in Ireland but will miss the next few weeks due to work, so can anyone out there fill me in on what the **** happens

1. What's the big secret with the nasty monsters?
2. What's with everyone being so buffed and gorgeous?
3. What is the island's dark secret?
4. What caused the crash? (so far the only reason seems to be bad turbulence which we all know would fully explain why it would be ripped into 3 pieces)
5. Do they make it off, and how?

If you don't want to spoil it for when it gets to the UK, then look away now :8

Howard Hughes
24th May 2005, 06:47
Of course being TV the plane didn't bother using a transponder so nobody in the outside world knows where they are

Or of course it could be one of those low cost airlines, you know the one's where avionics are optional extra's!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: Unless you like tacky american crap, DONT BOTHER!!;)

eal401
24th May 2005, 07:20
As I understand it, it is due to be screened in the UK on E4 from August.

aidanf
24th May 2005, 07:58
HH - I don't really have a choice about whether to bother or not!! I got trapped by the pre-publicity and watched the 'explosive' opening last night. However I'm not going to be around to see the remaining episodes so to satisfy my curiosity I'm hoping someone can let me know what happens. If nothing else I can annoy those following it back at home by dropping in occasional lines such as "...of course they're all going to die you know.."

To those that haven't seen it yet, imagine an M Night Shayalam (can't spell!!) film (Sixth Sense, Signs, etc.) made by someone who previously only did daytime soaps in the U.S.

It was only the plane crash that attracted me to it in the first place :ugh:

Chipzilla
24th May 2005, 08:02
1. The nasty monsters are a security system for the 'locals'.
2. Dunno
3. Dunno
4. Dunno
5. The last episode in the series is being shown in the US tomorrow night, but it's been renewed for another series so it's probably safe to say they don't get off the island any time soon. :)

A few left on a raft in the second last episode - Sawyer, Jin, the kid and his dad. Dunno what happens to them...

Grainger
24th May 2005, 08:21
It all starts to go wrong when the conch gets smashed . . .

Gainesy
24th May 2005, 08:50
Bit of a pig eh?

Solid Rust Twotter
24th May 2005, 09:00
They all die except for the good looking couple who didn't like each other in the beginning. It turns out to be a sentient computer virus running the show....:E

(Adapt to suit the plot of any Hollywood crud you've seen to date....) :E :ok:

Disguise Delimit
24th May 2005, 10:07
Lost? Lost the plot, i reckon.

This is one of the most diseased shows on the screen, except for Big Bruvva. A total waste of brain cell activity.

After a period of time, the men start growing beards. Natural enough, they have run out of razors. But the women still have hairless legs and pits, and still find shampoo for their lustrous locks. Despite the lack of toothpaste, all those testimonials to American orthodontistry are still gleaming white. At least in a Brit show, there are people with bad teeth.

Its only value is a good laugh at the dreadful continuity errors - you know the type, the girl's cigarette is fresh in one shot, but the reverse shot to show the boyfriend's face has the ciggy half burnt.

The monster? An imagment of your figmentation...

Buster Hyman
24th May 2005, 12:13
At least in a Brit show, there are people with bad teeth
Err..that's ALL Brit shows innit?

The cause of the crash was by a virus that infected the avionics via the IFS. In later episodes you'll see flash backs of the crack Mossad anti hacker agent trying to save the stricken aircraft. He has a back story, shown in flashbacks, that reveals he had a Japanese/Jewish upbringing. His father ran a successful restaurant in Tel Aviv called "So-su-mee". And his mother was an exotic dancer at a club called "The Gaza Strip". The latter was explained in a flashback.

So anyway, as you will know by now, he wasn't successful. However, he managed to parachute from the stricken craft moments before impact. This will be shown in a flashback sequence that will carry a warning for epileptics, as it is quite repetitive.

He eventually gets to the other side of the island and meets a wiley chap named Vernon. You don't see how he meets him, but they'll probably show it later in a series of flashbacks. Anyway, Vernon has this tent, this huge striped tent, with banners and other fancy bits, but he can't, for the life of him figure out what to use it for. It is later revealed, in a series of flashbacks, that the island had been populated by carneys & they'd died out when all their Circus animals disappeared...you see where I'm going with this?

Anyway, Vernon tells Herschel (the Mossad agent) that he's been seeing strange things during early evening, just before supper. Herschel quickly realises that...well...I better not give too much away.

Besides, I think I've got RSI now!:uhoh:

AirYard
24th May 2005, 12:18
Anyone seen 'LOST'?

Couldn't find it:p

eal401
24th May 2005, 12:47
Was that synopsis serious Buster, or have you made it up?

:sad:

Solid Rust Twotter
24th May 2005, 13:10
Made mine up but we'll see how close it is to the real ending...:ok:

mymymy
24th May 2005, 13:48
Not really my cup of tea, but my wife loves the show......or is Josh Holloway the reason she is watching....hmmmm?

More info here......

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index.html

Best eye candy......

Evangeline Lilly

3my

DubTrub
24th May 2005, 14:36
Lost?

LOST:
Ginger tom cat,
blind in one eye,
crippled back legs.
Recently castrated.
Answers to the name LUCKY

Jordan D
24th May 2005, 14:44
I heard the plot was particularly cr*p.

Jordan

aidanf
24th May 2005, 15:20
As I mentioned before I've only seen the opening pilot (which was two episodes). The earlier promotional stuff for it did make it look worthy - you guys across in Blighty will have to wait until it hits C4 (as against E4, I understand) during the Summer - no doubt with the accompanying man with deep voice telling you how good it will be for weeks in advance. Yup, it was cheesy but after a long day that's often what I'm looking for (when I'm not force-fed desperate friggin housewives).

It scared the bejaysus out of the Mirsus a few time when the nasty monsters started rumbling and that pilot discovered a novel new way to quickly evac the cockpit - so good for snuggle points.

If it was on, and very little else on .... then I guess I'd probably watch it again.

I'm used to watching these things that appear to have a dark side and promise you that if you stay tuned it will all come together in a spell-binding, riveting way ..... only to find that it was indeed a bunch of arse all along.

Le Pen
24th May 2005, 19:00
Yup seen it.......

HUGE fan.... upto episode 23 now. Cant wait to see the last 3 eps of this show.

Produced by JJ Abrahams the same guy who made Alias.

Brilliant!

LP

airship
24th May 2005, 19:19
I haven't seen it :( but the sequel to it might be And Found...

OKOK, I'm going...

reynoldsno1
24th May 2005, 20:56
Saw the opener, and the next episode and went into a catatonic state............:zzz:

Buster Hyman
24th May 2005, 22:34
No, it was serious eal401...trust me.:E