PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent Lions

reynoldsno1
23rd May 2005, 21:43
Well done to the Lions for battling to a stupendous draw with Argentina .........:bored:

SmilingKnifed
23rd May 2005, 22:50
Er, my prediction in the Northern Hemisphere thread....:uhoh:

Flying Lawyer
23rd May 2005, 23:52
Sometimes the title of a thread catches your eye,

and it's not what you thought ............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/Tau12017web.jpg
South African lioness, pictured one evening last month,
guarding a couple of her youth team resting after a day's training

;)

Blacksheep
24th May 2005, 04:37
Let a pride or two of them loose on the Pampas and let's see what happens to the price of Corned Beef... :ooh:

teeteringhead
24th May 2005, 07:44
I suppose it's comforting to know that's it's not just England that would be useless without Wilko.......

er82
24th May 2005, 08:01
And I wouldn't really call them magnificent to start with. Lots of work needed. Too many scrappy passes straight into Argentinian hands, lost the ball too many times, and anyone else not really impressed with Shane Williams and his nasty mullet?!?!

Minty Fresh
24th May 2005, 08:19
er82 - Are we gonna send the girls then instead?

Stoney X
24th May 2005, 08:29
I would just like to say well done Argentina. Their victory celebrations following a draw shows how much effort they put in. Weren't the bookies giving the pumas 50 points? My southern hemisphere roots and current affilications are in conflict with each other, so I was cheering both teams in the last quater of the match :uhoh: If all the loins games are this close it will be a good series.

It was really good to see wilko back in international rugby.

Regards
Stoney

AirYard
24th May 2005, 08:47
guess I'll be hiding the lions top and pulling out my 1/8 th family heritage and getting the Black top out :p

But as for the game last night, Rubbish :mad:

Give ball like that away against the all blacks and you are toast!, however, they did have a lot of players not playing, but no excuse.

Well done to the Pumas, always like to see them do well, something about an underdog I suppose :p

haughtney1
24th May 2005, 09:31
As a born and breed NZer..(no sheep jokes please).....was that the lions that played last night?....looked more like the cubs:D

3 nil.hmmmmmmmmm sounds more and more likely

BALIX
24th May 2005, 10:31
Well, they are taking 45 players to sheep-shagging land (and I don't mean Aberdeen) so I doubt that the fifteen that started last night will be exactly the same as the fifteen that will face the All Blacks in the first test.

Actually, it was probably a good thing to be humbled by the Argentinian reserve team. It concentrates the mind a bit more than a fifty point mauling.

er82
24th May 2005, 11:12
Minty
It would probably have been a better game if the girls had played last night! As for facing NZ though, I'll sit that one out! Although being on the floor with a pile of NZ'ers on top of me...........hmmmmmmmmmmm. Could be fun!!

Maybe us girls should head down there as the official cheerleading squad.... Short skirts, bit of dancing, and we'd no doubt be leading the celebrations (or commiserations) after the matches!

Richard Taylor
24th May 2005, 16:18
BALIX:

Appropriately enough though,the Baa-Baas DO play in Aberdeen tonight!!!!

Honest!!

scrubed
24th May 2005, 16:48
Magnificent lions (http://abum.com/?show_media=151)

SmilingKnifed
24th May 2005, 19:04
I'd still go for Stevie Jones at fly-half. Although I would say that!