PDA

View Full Version : Children's Graves Vandalised

joe2812
23rd May 2005, 17:52
ITV News Story (http://www.itv.com/news/index_1422453.html)

Don't think it's been posted anywhere on here... absolutely disgraceful.

(Edited to say that the story is disgraceful, not the fact it hasn't been posted here!)

tony draper
23rd May 2005, 18:00
Just watched it one the news, what the hell are we going to with these lunatics !!
We have a generation and a half not worth pissing on, and thats a fact.
:*

ShyTorque
23rd May 2005, 18:07
I can only say one thing for something like this.

THE BIRCH! :mad:

topcat450
23rd May 2005, 18:08
If these people were on fire I'd only try to put them out with a shovel... it's absolutely disgraceful. Times like this I do wonder what on earth is happening in this world.

tony draper
23rd May 2005, 18:16
Someone in a position to know has told me it looks like the long overdue reaction to this scumbag behaviour is finally coming, even the fluffiest must be getting sick to the back teeth of defending this type of event happening day after day.
:*

Caslance
23rd May 2005, 18:23
I've not seen anyone defend despicable scum like this, Mr D. :mad:

JustAnotherVictim
23rd May 2005, 18:36
Everytime I read about something like this, which unfortunately seems to be quite often these days, the reintroduction of national service seems like a really good idea.

Onan the Clumsy
23rd May 2005, 18:40
That's right. This sort of thing never happened forty years ago, or fifty, or a hundred.

...right?

High Wing Drifter
23rd May 2005, 19:12
I couldn't give a toss Onan.

I'm normally an understanding bloke, I like to get the other side of the story. Understand the cause and effect. Not in this case.

Ever since I became a Father, I have viewed the world somewhat differently. I shudder to think what kind of state I would be in should one of my children be...well you know. I dare not comprehend what those parents have gone through and what they must be going through right now.

The actions of the sick and depraved.

Standard Noise
23rd May 2005, 19:16
And meanwhile in fortress Downing St, Phoney Tony gives not a monkeys. The police are not there to stop this sort of thing or hunt for vandals/yobs/criminals, they are only there to control the law abiding majority.

And society continues to burn.:hmm:

Onan the Clumsy
23rd May 2005, 19:20
HWD not arguing the severity of the crime, or even the indignancy of the responses. I'm just not sure it's something limited to modern society or unwitnessed in previous generations.

High Wing Drifter
23rd May 2005, 19:28
Yeah, sorry. I came across a little harsh.

Onan the Clumsy
23rd May 2005, 19:42
Nah not really. Plus I already had my asbestos underpants on :ok:

tony draper
23rd May 2005, 19:48
Its true every generation of young pushed the outside their behavioral envelope, its probably something hard wired into us by evolution,to flaunt authority, to find your level in the young peer group, we misbehaved, we got up to mishchief, when we reached the limit, we were slapped down, and that was it, you knew how far you could go, not now, there are no limits, none is allowed to slap them down,we are seeming impotent, it has been let go to long, draconian measures would be required, I don't think we have the guts to do it.
So things will continue to get worse.

Huck
23rd May 2005, 19:59
...there are no limits....

Without getting too philosophical, it is because the issue has morphed from "What is right?" to "IS there a right?" Two vastly different questions.

cavortingcheetah
23rd May 2005, 20:10
:) Previous generations; those happiest of days when misfeasors such as these were hanged and their bodies exhibited in public to encourage behavioral patterns more acceptable to society.:ok:

tony draper
23rd May 2005, 20:40
And it worked. :E

Seriously,is that not part of the problem?
collective guilt about the past, a over the top reaction against corporal punishment ect, making authority reluctant to do anything? there must be a happy medium surely, a price to be payed for acts such as this graveyard vandalism?

Caslance
23rd May 2005, 21:09
There has to be, Mr D.

There are times when any decent person - whatever their personal politics - will say "This is just wrong and nothing can excuse it."

This is one of those times, IMHO.

reynoldsno1
23rd May 2005, 21:38
There is no right or wrong in these times - everything is now "appropriate" or "inappropriate"......:hmm:

TimS
23rd May 2005, 21:40
Just a few week's ago I laid my Dad's ashes to rest in the Garden of Remembrance in the charming setting of Old Bramcote - although close to the main A52, walled, lots of birdsong, generally well kept and in a 'nice' area.

However, I could not help but notice on arrival and during the short outdoor service that there were a number of collapsed headstones, memorials etc.

On the way out we stopped at the grave of the son of one of the attending friends (he was killed many years ago in a motor accident) and the flower urn was missing (much to their resigned sadness)

I wandered back a little later (to say my personal farewells) and the Verger was there - I asked him about it. He told me they spent nearly 50% of their upkeep budget just repairing vandalism. He showed me a recently pushed over and broken memorial cross in memorance of 'Banker John' - an old grave for a gentlemen who was the manager of a private bank in Nottingham (many years ago, when banks were a socially orientated business) who used to, unknown to the community, 'pay off' the Church's debts each year.

I've gone beyond my best fighting years, but - in calm consideration of the alternatives - I would still be willing to take these miserable excuses for humanity behind the Sunday School Building and beat seven shades of sh*t out of the miserable little bast*rds on a daily basis !

tony draper
23rd May 2005, 21:42
Perhaps a good start would be to scrap this ridiculous "to young to be named" nonsense.

JustAnotherVictim
23rd May 2005, 21:59
Oooooh no Tony, couldn't possibly do that-they have rights you know?!

:mad:

Blacksheep
24th May 2005, 05:00
No, I'm afraid the backlash hasn't started yet.

Did anyone else notice that bit in the report that mentioned missile throwing yobs who attacked a car load of mourners? Where I come from, the car would have stopped and there'd have been a few more graves to be dug in that cemetary.

No, we're too quiet and accepting. When the backlash does come it will, no doubt, be all the more terrible for the long wait...

Pontious
24th May 2005, 07:31
The ignorant little Chavs would have had a hard time doing it again with broken fingers after I'd finished with them! That is of course if they been able to pick their teeth up first.

Lawless streets crawling with the slime of a jilted generation who know the word 'Respect' but not the meaning. The good, honest, decent people living in fear of venturing outdoors, while the mob rules. Am I missing something or shouldn't it be the other way around?

"...Nail'em up, I say! 'angin's too good for'em! Nail'em up!... Marvellous race, The Romans..."