PDA

View Full Version : Icao -jaa

tasleon
23rd May 2005, 11:37
This message goes out to all that have to get into the process of converting an ICAO CPL/IR/ME to JAA.
I have already been down this road when converting my FAA CPL/IR/ME to JAA and believe that I can provide all with the right advice.

Well this is what I suggest:

Get your ground school first as you need it to begin the flight portion. I did it with BristolGS distance learning passing all exams 1st time thanks to their excellent training.

Having the ground school in hand I suggest Greece for the flight training portion. Note that Greece is fully approved under JAR FCL1 and once you have a license issued by the Hellenic CAA you can change it to any member state of the JAA by simply sending a “change of state” application form to the CAA of your choice.

This is what you need

I/R: 15 hours to pass I/R skill test
CPL: at the discretion of the FTO to pass CPL skill test

Having researched all around Europe I can say that for the above training the cost varied between 14000 – 17000 euros.

In Greece the above training costs around 7000 euros. I was surprised by the huge price difference but can guaranty (since I have done it) that the training is excellent and complies totally with JARs.

Note that this Greek school also provides ground school for the ATPL subjects but its residential and I will say that the best thing to do to save money is to get the ground school distance learning and save on accommodation.

I am working as a flight instructor for this Greek flight school at the moment and am responsible for conversion training

Anyone interested drop me an email at [email protected] to discuss the training in greater detail.

Thanks,

Leon