PDA

View Full Version : QF LHR Base MKII

labia vortex
23rd May 2005, 10:43
Going to PER on the QF 16.Took over from the LHR crew.In bound crew:heads down,no repsonse to attempts at conversation,not one Australian accent.The a/c was a mess.Food left in ovens,coffee makers not cleaned, ordering all over the place.12 tins of coffee ordered for a four hour sector and one meal service while the onboard stock was already 12.Overordering of spirits and beer.Offloaded most of it it.Ovens filthy,muffin boxes full of meal residue.
CSM was ***** Something.
Pax in P/C not happy with Dixon`s LHR experiment.Crew had no hospitality experience ,everything had to be asked for no anticipation.Our CSM spent the first hour of the sector placating people.
Departure date ex SIN to PER 22/05/05.What a bloody mess!

cartexchange
23rd May 2005, 11:34
that is what qantas wants,they dont care!
Why did the CSM bother to placate them, he should have told them to write in.
I wonder How Kylie covers all this, what does he tell the Black Widow, oh well who cares! they get their bonus for saving the money, it falls on its @rse and they are long gone.

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 12:57
"CSM was ***** Something."

Oh dear. The "villiage idiot" won't be happy hearing this news.

-------------------------------------------------

What was it that geoff dixon said to/regarding the LHR based operation a couple of weeks ago?

Something along the lines of, " If [the base] doesn't make the required savings it'll be shut down".

Service standards?????
Neither he or his mismanagement team give a rats.

Jettlager

apaddyinuk
23rd May 2005, 15:12
Seriously lads, Most of them are new to flying and are still finding their feet! Dont victimise the base, just leave little notes or say something politely and constructivly during the handover and eventually things will start to sink in!

west coast girl
23rd May 2005, 15:54
seriously labia vortex - you've reached an all time low with this post ..."heads down, no attempt at conversation, no australian accents...." you should be writing comedy fiction.
heads held up proud from a job well done - and would you bother talking to someone like youself who won't listen but who only wants to tell you to get f*****
no aussie accents ??? of the 170 employed in the UK -75% are Australian - your scenario is a complete fabrication.
the LHR base has received more complimentary letters in 3 months than SYD L/H has received in a year.
at least the crew over ordered instead of under. at least they did an ABO & ASO as opposed to Australian based short haul who don't bother to order anything or collect any headsets!
anyway there may have been an A/C change in SIN as there usually is and they may have believed the A/C was continuing full as the qf32 to SYD.
don't know of any ***** on LHR base so sounds like you are shafting a SYD based crew.
anyway if SYD L/H as represented by you is the benchmark for customer service - then we are all doing the LIMBO DANCE!
I had a senior paxing SYD crew on my flight to HKG and they raved -literally raved -about the service. one mentioned how many senior crew who had left the job with the last redundancy package had failed to find any employment since leaving Qantas
labia you appear to be the weakest link in SYD L/H and have hid behind the union's petticoat long enough .sounds like its definitely time for you to go.
good luck with your new job at the woy woy RSL club as a part-time barman pulling beer at $9 an hour.
maybe there you will truly be appreciated.

labia vortex
23rd May 2005, 17:43
WCG,
You make a lot of assumptions about me..none of which have any relevance to the circumstances being discussed here.Play the ball not the girl or our friend Tightslot will be all over you like a loose shirt.
This is not a fabrication but clearly indicates that a total lack of training has been provided to LHR crew.It must be difficult inder these circumstances.The point that is being made relates to the indifference that QF management has to the quality of service.
The person who complained most was a Mr. ****** in P/C.He and his wife are both English but now reside in PER.They make the trip regularly between the UK and OZ.He was a part of a band called the Shadows who were big in the 60s.
You obviously dont know the LHR base that well if you dont know *****.His partner is/was a CSM who now works for AO.If I find out his surname I will send you a PM
UPDATE
Pattern was RAL21..87 hr slip in SIN
CSS was *******.CSMs name not listed

Edited to remove the name - Please use PM's if you are going to identify somebody: It is not fair to identify somebody in a public forum when they may or may not know or approve.

And thanks to all of you for managing (just) to keep this one on the rails - through gritted teeth I can tell :ok:

peanut pusher
23rd May 2005, 21:51
This is starting to get out of hand
***** is an ex SYD L/H CSM with almost 20 years service.
No cheap shots at someone who can't even defend themself.
No more names or we will have legal wan_ers crawling over this website with threats of legal action.
Keep it real as we can all talk about the hundreds of stuff ups from every base we have worked at.
The LHR base is trying its guts out, one for more concern in for SYD crew is BKK being told they will operate all FRA flights from SIN in the next bid period.

LOTflyer
23rd May 2005, 22:04
Some time ago I wanted to join QF LHR as it sounded really nice place to work. With time, as I read all the QF OZ crews posts I got really sick of all the atmosphere being created by OZ crews ( fortunatelly not all of them ). You sould see some doctor urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is really terrible as Pprune is full of you- hating everybody and everywhere, please stop this humiliating behaviour.

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 22:38
LOTflyer,

QF WAS a nice place to work before the present mismanagement team got to work.

Cause and effect [or is it affect?].

Jettlager

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 05:28
I wouldn't worry too much LV, the way things are heading you guys will never leave the continent in future.

Harder working can-do crews at a lower cost base have cemented your demise.

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 05:44
My anger with this little S**T is mounting.I know I risk being threadbanned but this is Provocative!!!
JBM reported!!!

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 06:06
LV, don't get angry, my blood pressure hasn't risen one little bit. If you disagree with anything I say I invite you to respond to the points raised. If I don't agree with you, which in all likelihood I never will, that is an opportunity to raise your counter view. I also inject some poetic license for ease of reading however as an airline employee who does a real days work for a real days pay I am deadly serious about all that I write. In all my posts in the past I have consistently voiced my anti-union stance and expressed the view that it is them that has got you where you are today. I just wish you could have seen that before it was too late.

Censorship will not make your problems go away. I have said many time before, if you are so unhappy, leave...... but noone ever does.

Now can we ignore this little diversion tactic and get back to the topic please?

Pro Golfer 69
24th May 2005, 08:03
Hey JBM

‘A real days work for a real days pay.’ You like using that line.
Not a baggage handler by any chance? Or are you just suffering from bad case of tall poppy syndrome?

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 08:08
I think I may be peri menopausal.Sorry.Time for a rest.
Goodbye.

lowerlobe
24th May 2005, 08:17
In the world we live in people are free to accept lower wages and conditions in bases or low cost carriers and that i suppose is the beauty of a democracy but they are also our achilles heel.

If the crew that moved to LHR are happy with their reduced pay and other hidden clauses then they can have it but it is a pity that the Sith Lord Dixon and his offsider Darth Grant who are so fond of these bases don't move there as well.

jettlager
24th May 2005, 08:26
Perhaps a little background on our resident internet "troll" jetblackmonaro may illustrate why their posts are best, left ignored.

You see, he/she is a virgin blue FA who's twisted and malicious point of view is born out of nothing more than spite and envy.

What exactly is the service/work carried by our friends at virgin?

Face painting and flogging a few of sir dicks books.
Throw a few $7.00 sandwiches at those desperate enough for them I suppose.
Whatever it is, it cant take much in the way of effort and take more than 10 minutes a sector.

He/she speaks of "a fair days work for a fair days pay".

"Benchmarking" pay against what YOU do at work JBM?????
Laugh.........., Those of us at longhaul would be in for a pay RISE.

How many times have you finished work so tired that you want to puke?

NEVER.

Jettlager

P.S. What does it say about the psychological wellbeing/makeup of a FA who openly and gleefully rejoices in the attacks being made on the conditions of another ...................?