PDA

View Full Version : Beurocontrol Route Charges

EESDL
23rd May 2005, 08:41
Have just received an invoice from the Central Route Charges Office for flights undertaken in Mar 05.

Would anybody be so kind as to enlighten me on the definative scheme of charges for the following types of flight. I was under the impression that the new charging scheme had yet to be ratified. Other sources indicate that it came into effect early April......

They're trying to charge me for a VFR flight to Brooklands (although I went to London Heliport). I accept we are talking under a euro in difference - but over 103 euros for the trip to heliport - day vfr remember - but what other details have they got wrong?

Some trips were commercial (how did they find out!!)
Most were private GA.
All were VFR

If it was indeed ratified in April - how can they charge me for March?

Yours, in ignorance
EESDL

Letsby Avenue
23rd May 2005, 22:56
Don't you just love our Glorious European Union...:yuk:

Slightly off topic but how long do you reckon it will be before Blair caves in and hands over an extra £3bn a year to our EU chums in order to fund his presidential bid in a few years time?:}

Helinut
23rd May 2005, 23:17
EESDL,

What helo were you flying?

I am not up to date, but since no one else is responding, when I was last in the loop we used to get these from time to time when operating Twin Squirrels. They seemed to randomly pick a lfight (whether IFR or VFR) and try to charge for it. AT THAT time, a charge was only valid for an AS355 if it was IFR. We had to go back to them and challenge the invoice, when it was not

Have you tired looking for their website - just a though

Someoe else may be up to date.

Helinut

EESDL
24th May 2005, 09:07
.......have checked their comprehensive website, which says quite clearly that aircraft under 5.7tonnes are exempt.

So if the rules are quite clearly laid down and they still try to bill the user, then either I've missed something obvious (reason for asking wider audience) or it's simply fraud!!!!

Chuckled when I read their instructions that if you think you've been wrongly charged................you may, if you wish, claim for a re-imbursement, no mention of telling them to shove the invoice somewhere without illumination.........

magbreak
24th May 2005, 09:15
I've had to email on a few occasions for VFR flights that have been charged. Never heard anything back other than a credit note the following month for the full amount I was claiming.

Head Turner
24th May 2005, 15:49
Eurocontrol Article 8 states

The following flights shall be exempt from the payment charges:

a. mixed VFR/IFR flights shall be exempt only in the airspace of the Flight Information Region falling within the competance ofthe Contracting State or State where they are performed exclusively under VFR and where a charge is not levied for VFR flights:

b. flights performed by aircraft of which the maximum take-off weight authorised is less than two (2) metric tons;

c. flights performed exclusively for the transport, on official mission, of Royalty etc (text shorten by me):

d. SAR flights authorised by a competant SAR body.

Further opt outs include;- military, training and testing flights for aircrew licencing and equipment testing (airtests). take-off and landing at the same airport (circular flight)

Please be aware that I have paraphrased the official wording but the general meaning exists.

The FIR's mentioned include all of the UK FIR's.

So take it from there. You were charged, due to the fact that you were flying a helicopter over 2 metric tons.