PDA

View Full Version : Qantas At War

captainrats
23rd May 2005, 08:38
Qantas has declared War....on its employees.
A recent mailout by Lesley Grant to employees homes received some responses from employees not wanting correspondence sent to their homes.Ms Grant now has these individuals arrive at work early(Unpaid)to attend positive writing courses.The only thing missing is the "brownshirts".
When a young female flight attendant expressed her concerns regarding safety at the hotel in LAX she was told to find another destination.This was suggested by a team manager conducting a crew forum in LAX.
Walk outside the lines when using the crossing between the baggage room and uniforms and you will be bailled up by some safety person and told to correct your behaviour.
Conversations overheard in supermarkets are now being used to threaten employees.
All the changes as a result of EBAs(both long and short haul)have had a malicious edge to them with very definite attempts to intimidate employees.
What type of company is this that declares war(zero tolerance?) on its employees.Surely this does not foster engagement or morale for that matter.
It saddens me that the Great Company(Qantas) that I worked for for thirty years is now using tactics that only ever had a place in pre war Germany.It smacks of corporate fascism.An absolute disgrace.It is high time all employees rose up and put a stop to this affrontery.
No wonder these forums get a little heated.Employees are being intimidated and are in fear of losing their jobs.Frustration anger fear.What an environment to work in !!!

firepussy
23rd May 2005, 09:18
Resistance is futile.You will be engaged(or else)

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 09:38
The new Qantas way ?

The beatings WILL continue until moral improves.......

cartexchange
23rd May 2005, 10:21
All regimes or dictatorships come to an end, they will get theirs, but the damage they do in the meantime, how does Kylie and the Black Widow sleep at night.
Resistance is fultile, lets get disconnected!

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 12:03
Good points, well made Biscuit Chucker.

wine o babe
24th May 2005, 03:40
I have not posted many times since becoming a member , but feel that I need to suggest something.

Surely out of all the staff involved in this horrible disaster that QF management are manufacturing, some one would have some high contacts within the TV Media to let the OZ public know exactly what is happening to all of you guys.

Being an Ex AN F/A I wish that we had done something like this before it got to the stage we got too.

Unfortunately the QF management and board are trying to completely screw it all up for everyone and there is not much you can do. Especially if you have not much confidence with the FAAA.

However the OZ public would all be very concerned to think that there are people out there(AGAIN) trying to dismantle ANOTHER Aust airline at the expense of Aust workers. Not only did they lose Ansett but now Qantas is at risk of being pulled apart as well.
Let someone know who can make it public knowledge. You never know what they are able to acheive!
When we were trying to get some of our money "Sunrise on 7" helped us greatly.
Might be worth a try.
Good luck to you All.

GT-R
24th May 2005, 04:42
Listening to the level of aggression, arrogance and immaturity displayed by Qantas flight attendants on this forum leaves no doubt in my mind that Qantas would be better off with these so called "cheap, nasty throw away crew," its time for you to realise you are unskilled waiters and waitresses who can say the word 'evacuate' three times.

Out with the old, in with the new.

BRING IT ON !!! :ok:

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 05:10
If you ever have a heart attack on an aircraft I hope I`m on it.After we save your misreable life you can apologize. You sound like a pilot...pilotless aircraft are on the way,so buy yourself a dog.One pilot one dog...the pilot feeds the dog and the dog bites the pilot just in case he touches something.
PS Tightslot I am trying to be polite but i am being provoked by this *@+*<~@

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 05:10
It is high time all employees rose up and put a stop to this affrontery.

Go ahead! I dare you. We all know that the lefties neither have the guts nor the numbers.

As for your comments Wine-o-Babe, yes, let's get the media involved. Let them read and publish some of the comments of QF crew on this forum and let it be public knowledge how out of touch with reality they are. Let's get the dirty laundry out there and the public can decide. I dare you as well.

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 05:12
Tighslot my tongue is beginning to bleed(from biting it)JBM is a nano second away from getting a broadside.

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 05:19
LV, I invite and even welcome your constructive criticism. I would be interested to better understand why these employees think the way they do.

I am sure the majority of hard working Australians would also need to understand why it is you all seem to feel so hard done by.

GT-R
24th May 2005, 05:20
If you ever have a heart attack on an aircraft I hope I`m on it.You sound like a pilot...pilotless aircraft are on the way,so buy yourself a dog.One pilot one dog...the pilot feeds the dog and the dog bites the pilot just in case he touches something.

Aggression, arrogance, immaturity. Thanks for proving my point.

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 05:23
My patient with these F******S is wearing thin.Talk to them or its hammer time!!!

TightSlot
24th May 2005, 06:36
Oh for God's sake - I'm sorry. I went to bed for a few hours: Wake up, and there's three reported posts and threats all over the QF threads!

Labia, Dear - I cannot ban somebody from posting because you have threatened to lose your temper and throw a hissy fit if I don't. It doesn't work like that. JBM is certainly being provocative, and I expect he's rolling around laughing at the way you're rising to the bait! What he's doing is not particularly clever, but it remains within the rules of PPRuNe. If you lose it, and go posting abuse all over the forum, then you are likely to become the only casualty.

So Don't... Ignore him/her: Rise above it. You are bigger than that.

JBM - You've had your fun and you've made your point. Now go and lie down for a while and cool off.