PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS hotel change to heathrow!

cartexchange
23rd May 2005, 08:37
Just wondering if anyone knows the truth behind the current rumour that was apparently discussed at the Forums in SIN,
Two things, were very upsetting,
a; we are relocating crews to Heathrow airport.
b; CSS are being removed from all aircraft.

Did anyone attend these meetings, what is the truth!

White Pointer
23rd May 2005, 10:03
First I have heard of a hotel change in London. 39 hour slips is a fact not very popular however.

Do know that the tech crew are moving from the forum back to their old digs over the road - a fact they seem completely happy about. Maybe the contract needs to be renewed at the Forum due to the small amount of crew staying there nowadays (and as such gives someone a chance to find cheaper pubs).

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 10:07
Spite AND idiocy............

Qantas mismanagement must surely be congratulated if these rumours come to fruition.

They continue to exceed ALL expectations.

Jettlager

labia vortex
23rd May 2005, 10:23
After having asked Kylie over 12 months ago and my team leader a couple weeks ago about the removal of the CSS position and being told no,.definitely not!I now find out from another source that this has been the intention for at least 18 months.
It will be the second senior situation as exists in shorthaul.The senior f/a in y/c will be the CSS...whether they like it or not and for bugger all pay.You will have 246 experienced disgruntled CSS back in the F/a ranks...what a great idea...not!!!

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 10:38
We can only hope that Kylie gets the sack over the ramifications.

It is going to be bedlam "down the back" with the most junior running the show.

BRING IT ON..................

Jettlager

cartexchange
23rd May 2005, 10:40
It will be an absolute joke down the back, who is going to get the AKL crew to work! who will provide the onboard training for the new AKL crew?you watch no one will give a f@ck in YC. Oh well as usual the punters (PAX)will have to endure it.
I have to agree with all the replies, this will be the greatest mistake that QF will make, for that little bit of pay they currently have an experienced person " down the back".
Youre right 240 CSS's will swell the F/A bidding pool in SYD and 35 in BNE and MEL as well, the bidding power of all f/a's will go well and truly out the window, I simply cannot grasp the stupidity of all this.

jettlager
23rd May 2005, 10:47
QF mismanagement had better gear up the printing presses for more "service recovery" booklets.

I'm gonna need a suitcase full !

Did I say, BRING IT ON...........?

Laugh, I think I'm gonna answer a call bell.

Jettlager

capt.cynical
23rd May 2005, 23:26
Please forgive this retired old Chief, but who is "Kylie" if you cant name the person just give the job title please.
:confused:

labia vortex
23rd May 2005, 23:29
Kylie is ****...More loved in the UK than in Australia

lowerlobe
24th May 2005, 00:34
I suppose we are lucky that we have such a wonderfull and effective union leadership that will protect us from these ill advised changes...this job is looking more like Alice in Wonderland each day!!

And please save me from those who say the faaa's hands are tied.

jettlager
24th May 2005, 04:19
midnight63,

"And dont start me on the CSS....what a bludge of a position."

----------------------------

Well I suppose your post does serve one purpose.

It DOES prove that you know nothing of what you speak.

Jettlager:ok:

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 05:05
How Hilarious!! More talk of doom and gloom from the extremists. "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

Meanwhile, QF keeps getting what QF wants as the lefties are marginalised even further.

This is pure entertainment.

labia vortex
24th May 2005, 05:40
JBM instead of being threadbanned for telling you What I think I have reported you to Tightslot for your mocking condescending attitude and your lack of intelligent contribution to this debate.

Jet_Black_Monaro
24th May 2005, 05:50
LV, if you disagree with anything I say I invite you to respond to the points raised. If I don't agree with you, which in all likelihood I never will, that is an opportunity to raise your counter view. I also inject some poetic license for ease of reading however as an airline employee who does a real days work for a real days pay I am deadly serious about all that I write. In all my posts in the past I have consistently voiced my anti-union stance and expressed the view that it is them that has got you where you are today. I just wish you could have seen that before it was too late.

Censorship will not make your problems go away. I have said many time before, if you are so unhappy, leave...... but noone ever does.

As for the topic, the use of airport hotels by crews on mimimum slip is a common practise world wide. Why is this an issue at QF? Can someone explain?

lowerlobe
24th May 2005, 08:27
JBM
I suppose that if you had your work conditions and pay reduced you wouldn't be unhappy about it?
I too am unhappy with the faaa but also with QF as the potential for a great job and the best airline in the world is being constantly eroded.