PDA

View Full Version : Time

MediaMonkey2004
22nd May 2005, 19:08
Hi Folks.

This may sound like a bit of a wild-card, though I'm interested to know the answer.

I completed a few trial lessons and would like to know if this time can count towards my PPL.

What makes this question difficult is...

The first flight I took was from Shoreham in Kent...

5/7/97 (C150)... Holders Operating Capacity - PUT. From SHM, To SHM. DEP: 12:45. ARR. 13:30.

I have a certificate from the school with those details (along with the reg. of the aircraft & the captain whom took me up).

The other flying I done, was in Dubai (Middle East) from Emirates Flying School in a Piper 28... I don't have any records of this (though will email to ask them if I could have some); should it be worth-while to count toward my PPL.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Happy Flying!

MM :cool:

Just had a further thought...

What \'proof\' will I need to make this time count toward my PPL? So if I contact the school, what should I request from them?

Cheers.

MediaMonkey :cool:

IRRenewal
23rd May 2005, 04:22
You can log all of them and they all count. It doesn't say anywhere that the hours from a ppl have to come from a school in either the UK or in JAR land for that matter, nad being P.u/t is being P.u/t, regardless of when and where it was. These hours never 'expire'.

Having said that, it would become tricky if you needed those hours to make up the 45 to get your PPL issued. You'd now need proof that you have flown them, otherwise the school might not sign your completion of training thingy on the form.

You will most likely do more than 45 hours on your PPL course (99.9% of students do), so you won't be 'needing' those hours to get your minimum required number. Therefore, no problem.

Good luck.

Gerard