PDA

View Full Version : Norman Bruton

driver airframe
22nd May 2005, 18:31
Norman Bruton sadly passed away on Saturday morning 21 May during a heart bypass operation. Condolences to Barbara and the children.

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd May 2005, 19:36
Condolences to family and friends.

As stated on another forum, if anyone deserves a Mirage III flyby, it's Norman.

Rest well...

Gunship
22nd May 2005, 19:44
:sad: My sincerest condolences to Barbara and the kids :sad:

Always had a banter and all between us (vlamgatte and the chopper oke's) but a true gentleman is the way I will remember him always :ok:

RIP Norman :sad:

tusker
23rd May 2005, 06:07
RIP

Condolences to Barbara and the kids,

Norm was a flammie of great note and between him and Graham Rochat must be the highest time Miracle drivers around. A true gent who would keep his cool and his pose under any circumstances, Go well brother and dont believe the storeman in Pilots Heaven.
Cheers
Tusker

BAKELA
23rd May 2005, 14:31
To one of the greatest,

Condolences to Barbara and the Bruton family. RIP my friend and my Tutor.

Funeral details from an email as follows:Norm's memorial service will be at St Michael's Anglican Church in Bryanston on Thursday 26th May at 14.30. Address: cnr Bryanston Drive and Mount Street.Directions: From N1 take William Nichol offramp left away from Fourways- towards Sandton. Left into Bryanston Drive, over Main Road robot, next robot right into Mount Street, immediately right into church entrance. Instead of flowers the family would prefer donations made to St Bernard's Hospice, East London. Everyone welcome to be there. Thanks
Barbara

Norm, the big hangar up in the sky has many dearly beloved ones, but you will always be the one with the most hours on the Mirage III, in the world! I shall never forget the tablecloths at Roodewal flying around after a Norman Bruton flypast in a IIID2Z! Goodbye my friend.

The Claw
23rd May 2005, 14:56
Never knew Norman that well, we shared the same circle of friends, but he was certainly well respected and he has left a lasting impression on me.

Condolences,

Pontius' Pilot
23rd May 2005, 15:08
Sincerest condolences to you Barbara.

Met up with Norman recently at the Nairobi IATA Safety Conference after not having seen him for many years.

I have many fond memories of him and Barbs. Started my 2 Squadron tour with him at Waterkloof before moving off to Hoedspruit, therafter our paths criss-crossed for the next 20 years in the vlammie line.

Barbara prepared my wife for our wedding ceremony and Norm had the honour of driving the car for us. Must have been a good preparation Barbs, because we are still happily married after 27 years. Thanks.

Thanks for all the great times Norm.

Nellis
23rd May 2005, 15:27
Ad Astra. We will remeber you, go well

Parrot
23rd May 2005, 22:58
Condolences to the the Bruton Family.

Norman, I hope they have a Miracle III ready for you up there...

SHARALUMI
25th May 2005, 20:31
From a friend and sometimes business associations (AASA etc - never knew Norm in the SAAF but heard plenty about the officer and gentleman Norm always was in the SAAF and experienced it myself since about 1999), my deepest condolences and sorrows for the family.

Norman, I will miss you dearly for you were really the true gentleman, very evident from the times when I was the "sprog" as well as the only female at some meetings I was thrown into at short notice. "Sharalumi" Norm - May peaceful waters flow...with an afterburner. :sad: